title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Equal CRC32, different AccurateRip CRC ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dBprulez
    • Dec 2012

Equal CRC32, different AccurateRip CRC ??

Question : is it possible for 2 rips of the same track to have an equal CRC32 but a different AccurateRip CRC (v1) ?

I've ripped a track with both dBpowerAMP and Plextools, and Calculate Audio CRC calculates an equal CRC32 for both rips, however the AccurateRip CRC is different. I've tried to explain this myself, and it seems the AccurateRip CRC uses a subset of the samples CRC32 uses, so if the CRC32's are equal, the AccurateRip CRC's have a propability of 99.99999998 % of also being equal.
    But I compared both tracks in Audacity, and they are equal, so it can't be the 0.00000002 % propability. So I guess the Plextools rip must be confusing Calculate Audio CRC, or ... ?
  • dBprulez
    • Dec 2012

Re: Equal CRC32, different AccurateRip CRC ??

I've found the answer, sometimes all you need is to post the problem, and eureka... It was the last track of the album, and since the AccurateRip CRC ignores some samples at the end of the last track (and the CRC32 doesn't), I realized there has to be a way for Calculate Audio CRC to know it's the last track, so I've looked at the tags in both tracks. And in the Plextools rip the tag for "Track" was empty, so when I made it equal to the value of the dBpowerAMP rip (i.e. "18/18"), the problem was solved, both rips now have an equal AccurateRip CRC as well...
    Last edited by dBprulez; February 07, 2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>