title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multiplication of songs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • josereblas
    • Jan 2015

Multiplication of songs

Hello.
    I´m sorry, but my english isn´t very good. I hope you are abel to understand me.

The Problem:

- for ripping cd´s I´m using dbpoweramp
    - the files als saved at a NAS
    - for streaming I use "BubbleUPNP

After ripping files they are saved one time at the NAS.
    Later some of the files are saved two times up to five times at the same directory. I haven´t ripped them again.

Karl
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Multiplication of songs

Use PerfectTUNES and point the de-dup program at the NAS, it will find any duplicates.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

Re: Multiplication of songs

Originally posted by josereblas
      Hello.
      I´m sorry, but my english isn´t very good. I hope you are abel to understand me.

The Problem:

- for ripping cd´s I´m using dbpoweramp
      - the files als saved at a NAS
      - for streaming I use "BubbleUPNP

After ripping files they are saved one time at the NAS.
      Later some of the files are saved two times up to five times at the same directory. I haven´t ripped them again.

Karl
      Hello Karl. If you are not using the multi-encoder in dBpoweramp to rip different versions of these songs, I don't think that dBpoweramp is causing the problem.

I wonder if there is a setting in your NAS or player that is making "streaming versions" (usually a lossy format like mp3 or AAC) whenever you play your files.

Is each "copy" exactly the same as the first file? Does it have the exact same title and exact same format?

Comment

Working...

]]>