title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Nimbie fails to operate with batch ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mahlerite
    • Jan 2015

Nimbie fails to operate with batch ripper

I just got into this, so I'm on the latest release of everything, including Win 8.1. My situation is that I put a stack of disks in the Nimbie, with the ripper sees, click the Rip button, and basically nothing happens. The message area goes from "Loading CD" to "Post-Load Waiting for CD" and back endlessly. There is no mechanical action. The Nimbie has its Link, USB 3.0, and Ready lights lit.

This feels like I'm missing something cosmically simple. Anybody have any idea what?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Nimbie fails to operate with batch ripper

You have configured the drive in Batch Ripper configuration as a Nimbie? try the test load and unload methods in the configuration program.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mahlerite
      • Jan 2015

I have not done those things, because 1) I didn't know those options existed, and 2) now that I do know I can't figure out how to do them.
      The only configuration program I can find is dbConfig.exe in C:\Program Files/dbPoweramp. I had to run it from there; is there a way to run it from the program user interface? It has tabs for Versions, Codecs, and Music Converter. I don't see any way to configure the drive, nor do I see test load and unload.

I also can't find any documentation on any of this, either in the help on the pc or on this site. Is there some I'm missing? I'm a doc junkie and will eagerly read anything available.

So, I need directions on how to do the necessary operations. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

1. Install dBpoweramp
        2. Install Batch Ripper
        3. Install Batch Ripper Nimbie driver
        4. In configuration program (which shows after driver installed) configure the drive as a Nimbie
        5. Use Batch Ripper (not CD Ripper) to rip.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mahlerite
          • Jan 2015

I re-installed Batch Ripper. The configuration screen came up and offered me the chance to designate the drive as a Nimbie, which I did.

After that I was able to rip a test batch (three disks). I am optimistic that the problem is resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>