title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping Errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rambo
    • Aug 2014

Ripping Errors

Hello, I have 14.5 dbpoweramp and rip in secure mode with settings almost maxxed out. After the ripping it shows no errors and yet sometimes there will be some glitche's i replay at least a couple of times just to be sure that it's not my computer that causes this as we all know with computers there can always be unexplained glitch's on the computer side. Can anyone tell me what's up with this and what can be done if anything, I have used eac and easy audio copy but i prefer dbpoweramp because of the fast speed and tagging accuracy. Best Regards, Rick
    Last edited by Rambo; August 13, 2014, 02:09 AM.
  • PepsiCan
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2014

Re: Ripping Errors

Hi Rambo

I think you answer your own question. If you have an accurate rip (do you use burst mode or secure mode?), you made a rip of your cd that is bit for bit identical to the rips others have made from their copy of the same CD. If you then still get playback errors then

1) either there is a flaw in the CD pressing and everyone has that issue, or
    2) your pc is giving you playback errors due to system overload or bad drivers

I think option 2 is the more likely one. So, what way do you use to stream?

1) what playback software do you use?
    2) what file format are you playing back? And is it compressed or also lossy?
    3) what else is going on on your pc?
    4) do you load the song into memory completely?
    5) are you using WASAPI, Kernel Streaming or some other system? If so, how exactly? If not, why not?

Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping Errors

Did AccurateRip verify the audio ripped?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>