title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Double song titles / Wrong Titles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amansker
    • Jan 2012

Double song titles / Wrong Titles

I see someone had a similar issue elsewhere in the forum, but no real answers.

I can't find the version of dBpoweramp, but is was purchased about one year ago. I have ripped about 800 CDs to flac, uncompressed. Always works great, but just the other day I noticed that some of the albums show song titles doubled/ twice in a row such as:

title 1
    title 1
    title 2
    title2
    title3
    title3

the names are inaccurate, but the actual songs are correct.

Just now I am ripping Memphis Slim / Alone With the Blues. When it opened in CD Ripper, the genre was various, album was named "various", etc. The song list started with the 2nd song listed on the cd case and sequentially was correct until the final entry which was a general name (I think "song10" or similar). That song turned out to the first song listed on the album (Four O'clock Blues) so I renamed it. Then I tried to move it to the *1 position and screwed things up. I closed out the program, reopened and now Four O'clock Blues is not listed, but Boogie After Midnight is listed twice (for a total of 10 songs which is correct).

This is not just a one-time occurrence. How can I "reset", start over, whatever to clear this out?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Double song titles / Wrong Titles

Click the 'Review Metadata' button and choose different metdata if it is wrong.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• amansker
      • Jan 2012

Re: Double song titles / Wrong Titles

Thank you! I was just now converting a different disk and it showed the wrong CD from a 3 CD set. Had to turn on PerfectMeta and everything worked properly. I was not aware of that feature. I clicked the Meta button in the past but nothing really happened and I didn't get a prompt. During this process today, I got lots of prompts from the app which were useful. Also fixed the Memphis Slim problem I posted.

I can sleep well now. Hope I don't run into too many previously ripped that have problems. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...

]]>