title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp CD Ripper Slower with R15

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spunky50
    • Mar 2009

dBpoweramp CD Ripper Slower with R15

My dBpoweramp CD Ripper is significantly slower with R15 Then with the previous R14.4 & before. I also have this issue with just regular conversion from one format to another without using the CD Ripper. Does anybody have a reason why? I thought that it would be faster if anything since it is 64 bit based. Conversion also seems to bog down my system now with R15. Is there a way to remedy this? Just in case anybody is wondering I do have it installed on a 64 bit operating system (Windows 7 w/8GB RAM).
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp CD Ripper Slower with R15

What do you mean by bog down? if you select your music library in Batch Converter >> Convert To

Set the encoder to 'Test Conversion', what speed do you get?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• spunky50
      • Mar 2009

The speed of the ripping doesn't seem to be the problem. It rips at a good speed. When test ripping in the test conversion or just ripping while encoding, it gets up to 19x. I did make a discovery that it only goes a lot slower while encoding to Monkey's Audio. My brother-in-law has a large CD Collection that I'm encoding to Mp3's for him & with each CD I use the Multi Encoder to make an Mp3 set & also a Monkey's Audio set for a lossless copy for storage in case it needs to be redone or if for some reason he would want it in a different format later on. The reason I use the Monkey's Audio is that if I have it set at insane compression I can store it at a little smaller size than if I ripped it to FLAC. Besides that, I have ripped a large amount of his collection already & don't want to change the lossless format to another one at this stage.
      Like I said in the previous post, R14.4 & before would go pretty fast in ripping & encoding but now with the R15 (only with the Monkey's Audio) it encodes & converts a lot slower & eats a larger amount of CPU power, which in turn causes it to slow down my PC to where I really can't do anything else while it is encoding. I even have every setting with the Monkey's Audio set-up the exact same way I used it with R14.4.
      So I guess it's really an encoding issue, regardless of encoding in the CD Ripper or the regular Conversion process.
      Last edited by spunky50; March 17, 2014, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

The issue will be there is no 64 bit optimized money's audio libraries.

For 32 bit there was lots of hand written assembly code.

Comment

• spunky50
          • Mar 2009

Is there any plans to optimize the 64 bit Monkey's Audio libraries then in the future, if that's the problem?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It is not our code, we use the official libraries.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• spunky50
              • Mar 2009

I went to http://www.monkeysaudio.com/ to see if they had a forum or an email to report issues with the monkey's audio codec & couldn't find any. Do you know if there is a way to get in touch with the Monkey's Audio developers to report software bugs?

Comment

• spunky50
                • Mar 2009

Is it possible to install the Monkey's Audio Codec as 32 bit and have the 64 bit dBpoweramp software utilize it? I know from the previous post you indicated that Monkey's Audio is not your Codec that you created and I understand that, But I was wondering if that might be a workaround.
                If that won't work do you know if there is an email or forum for the Monkey's Audio developer's for me to be able to report this to them? I went to their official website, www.monkeysaudio.com and couldn't find any way to report issues or give feedback about the codec.
                Last edited by spunky50; March 18, 2014, 01:34 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

I am sorry to report that the monkey audio developer is not doing so well:

I am not sure how many are aware that Matt had an accident, his recovery is detailed here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86462.0

It is not possible for the 64 bit dBpoweramp to use 32 bit code.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• spunky50
                    • Mar 2009

I'm sorry to hear that. He looks pretty young too. I Hope he is able to get out of the wheelchair over time and make a full recovery. My little issue pales in comparison to his and his family.
                    Thank you both (Spoon & *********) for responding to my posts and the info.
                    Last edited by spunky50; March 18, 2014, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>