title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

External drive recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dumbo
    • Feb 2014

External drive recommendations?

I have a new iMac which doesn't have an optical drive. Are there any external drives that stand out as superior for ripping with Dbpoweramp (I use Dbpoweramp it on the Windows side of my iMAC)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: External drive recommendations?

See:

AccurateRip collects data from all drives, normally this is only used to verify a disc is accurate, but can be reversed to calculate which drives are the most accurate (as measured by lowest % inaccurate tracks). This test was previously run in 2012 (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?25782-CD-DVD-Drive-Accuracy
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dumbo
      • Feb 2014

Thanx Spoon.

Comment

• kenziem
        • Apr 2014

I'm a newbe researching CD to Flac conversion so ... my desktop is v v new and does not have an internal optical drive so I'm looking for external drives. The CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2013 [actually 2012] seems to be either internal drives and/or v old products. What about newer products such as external drive [Pioneer BDR-XS05T Black Slot Load 6x Slim External Bluray Writer] Other threads Ive come across seem to imply that external drives dont work with AccurateRip - is this a power issue via USB2.0 [does USB3.0 work better?] or some other hardware / software optical drive to PC to software issue ? any enlightenment appreciated thanx.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

All modern drives work with AccurateRip, internal or external.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mickeysoft
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
            All modern drives work with AccurateRip, internal or external.
            Hi,

Just got a brand new Pioneer BDR-XU03 drive today, and it's not working with AcurrateRip. It works perfectly fine for DVD/BD stuff, so I'm pretty sure the drive is healthy.

I don't mind to buy a drive from the list, but the top drives are all pretty outdated.

I'll create a fresh post with the details about the drive.

Comment

Working...

]]>