title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AccurateRip comparing my rips just against my rips?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tennberg
    • Jan 2014

AccurateRip comparing my rips just against my rips?

I purchased the dBpoweramp/PerfectTUNES bundle last month, and have been thoroughly enjoying it so far.

When I ran AccurateRip against my collection, it said that 10 CDs were not present in the database. I re-ripped those CDs through dBpoweramp. When I did, 9 CDs came up with green checks/Secure on every track. The 10th CD had the same on every track except the last one, where it had to re-rip less than 10 frames. (I forget what the result was for that last track.) I submitted my rip data to AccurateRip.

I saw today that the AccurateRip DB was recently updated ("February 2014"). I ran AccurateRip again and noticed it's now showing that those 10 CDs are accurate on every track, all with a confidence of 1. In this case, is AccurateRip comparing my rips only against my rips? I find it unlikely that someone(s) would have submitted rip data on all 10 CDs in the last month.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: AccurateRip comparing my rips just against my rips?

Yes you are comparing against yourself (until the confidence becomes greater than one).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tennberg
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      Yes you are comparing against yourself (until the confidence becomes greater than one).
      Thanks, Spoon. On a similar note, if AccurateRip shows a confidence of 1 and I know that I didn't submit any rip data on that CD through dBpoweramp or any other app (i.e., the CD was ripped a couple years ago through iTunes), that means my rip matches up with 1 other person? So, a confidence of 1 can mean one of two things - either the rip data in the DB is my submission, so it "matches", or that 1 person matches me? The only way to differentiate the two would be to look at the AccurateRip logs for any confidence of 1 and recall if I submitted data for that CD?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Correct
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AndrewFG
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2010

Originally posted by Tennberg
          I saw today that the AccurateRip DB was recently updated ("February 2014").
          Please excuse me asking a stupid question, but where do you see this information about the status of the database? Is it somewhere in dBpoweramp, or somewhere in PerfectTunes? ..

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

www.accuraterip.com says when database was last updated.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>