title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Getting accurate rip when metadata says I have a differenct CD - how do I correct it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tennberg
    • Jan 2014

Getting accurate rip when metadata says I have a differenct CD - how do I correct it?

I have a CD single, Blink-182's "I Won't Be Home For Christmas", that came out in 1997. When I load it into dBpoweramp, the metadata says I have Love. 45's "Way Down" and the album art says I have some CD from Smashmouth. I deleted the album art, corrected the metadata, and did a rip.

The status now shows I have an accurate rip with a confidence of 1. How can this be trusted when it says I have a completely different CD? Would I need to submit the data I have (as I corrected the metadata), and hope that AccurateRip is able to correct it?

Here are the results with the corrected metadata I entered before the rip:

Information ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\Michael\Music\Blink-182\I Won't Be Home For Christmas [Single]\01 Blink-182 - I Won't Be Home For Christmas.m4a'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 14800 (3:17) in 0:29. Filename: C:\Users\Michael\Music\Blink-182\I Won't Be Home For Christmas [Single]\01 Blink-182 - I Won't Be Home For Christmas.m4a
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 07C0AF99 AccurateRip CRC: A1FC21B7 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 001-000039d0-000073a1-0200c501-1]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 1 [CRCv2 a1fc21b7]
    Last edited by Tennberg; January 24, 2014, 09:04 PM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Getting accurate rip when metadata says I have a differenct CD - how do I correct

accuraterip is not based on metadata. So just edit your metadata to be correct.

Comment

• Tennberg
      • Jan 2014

Re: Getting accurate rip when metadata says I have a differenct CD - how do I correct

Originally posted by garym
      accuraterip is not based on metadata. So just edit your metadata to be correct.
      Thank you for the clarification. I'm new to all this, but I'm finding this program to be excellent.

So, what this means is that someone else with the same CD/same pressing ripped it exactly as I did, which is why I got a confidence of 1, but it's just that for whatever reason, the sites that store metadata have the CD mixed up?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Tennberg
        Thank you for the clarification. I'm new to all this, but I'm finding this program to be excellent.

So, what this means is that someone else with the same CD/same pressing ripped it exactly as I did, which is why I got a confidence of 1, but it's just that for whatever reason, the sites that store metadata have the CD mixed up?
        Yes. But spoon can chime in with any clarification.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Click the Review Metadata button, it is likely the correct information is there.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>