title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Found a "click" sound in the middle of a track

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbmutuc1
    • Jan 2014

Found a "click" sound in the middle of a track

On the song "Beverly Hills" by Weezer, I can hear a slight click sound at exactly 1:52. How can this be if I ripped the track and it got an AccurateRip verification? Does AccurateRip not catch these "click" sounds? Thanks.
  • jbmutuc1
    • Jan 2014

Re: Found a "click" sound in the middle of a track

Okay. So I made sure it wasn't the ripping process that wasn't causing the click. I played back the song straight from the CD, and sure enough there was a click in that same spot. So probably it's the CD's fault (could be be because of scratches, manufacturing defect, or just a glitch in the mixing process?) But on any case, if it does happen to be my CD, how come it still has an AccurateRip verification?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

It will not be scratches because no one would have exactly the same scratch as you. It was probably mastered with this clic search google for this cd name and click.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jbmutuc1
        • Jan 2014

I looked up the song on YouTube and went to the exact time as the "click" on my CD. On YouTube there is no audible click.

Comment

• jbmutuc1
          • Jan 2014

Since it's probably not mastered with the click... I guess my question now is how can my track be AccurateRip verified, but still have a problem on it?

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jbmutuc1
            I looked up the song on YouTube and went to the exact time as the "click" on my CD. On YouTube there is no audible click.
            The YouTube audio is probably not taken from your CD. The click may have been introduced during manufacturing.

The only way to really test this is to listen to an exact copy of your CD. By exact copy, I mean an identical pressing.

Maybe return the CD and get another copy or get the retailer to confirm if they have another copy whether the click exists on it.
            Last edited by mville; January 24, 2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>