title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Hardware System Requirements for Running dBpoweramp Ripper Well and Efficiently

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbird
    • Jan 2014

Hardware System Requirements for Running dBpoweramp Ripper Well and Efficiently

I have been using the dBpoweramp ripper for several years on a Windows XP computer that is networked with a Mac. The only thing that I use my Windows machine for is to run dBpoweramp. My Windows machine is dying and I will be replacing it with a new Windows 7 machine that I plan to use only to run the dBpoweramp ripper, and perhaps the dBpoweramp converter. (I don't want to run dBpoweramp on my Mac through the Parallels or other virtual system or through Apple's Boot Camp.)

The question is how much computing power do I need in a new Windows 7 machine to run dBpoweramp well and efficiently? Would the following be sufficient: a 3 gen i3 Intel processor with 8 GB of memory? Would a 4 gen i3 processor run dBpoweramp any faster? I'll be upgrading the hard drives on with the FLAC and AIFF files are stored to high speed flash and high speed data transmission from the computer to the drives.

I use dBpoweramp to rip my CDs simultaneously (1) to FLAC as an archive stored on an external hard drives, (2) to AIFF which is stored on an external hard drive as a archive, and (3) to AIFF which is stored on the Mac hard drive for playing the music on my sound system. (I play music through Amarra loaded on the Mac, which sends its signals directly to a DAC and into the preamp and from there into the amp and speakers.)

Basicly, I would like to make sure that I buy enough computing power to run dBpoweramp well and efficiently, now and for the next few years, but not waste money on buying computing power that dBpoweramp will never use.

Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Hardware System Requirements for Running dBpoweramp Ripper Well and Efficiently

A change in processor is unlikely to speed it up when writing to lossless as the CD drive is the slowest part.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>