title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD rips file destination changed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capomover
    • Oct 2012

CD rips file destination changed

dbpoweramp file path is set to Music. Before today, this sent rips to Windows 7 Music library under the name of the artist.

Suddenly, rips have started going to separate JRiver Media Center files for each song.

Any ideas of how to reset to make rips go to Windows Music library file instead of to JRiver files?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD rips file destination changed

In Windows the active player takes over the files, that means if JRiver is the active player your music files will have its icon, if Windows Media Player then its icon is used.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• capomover
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
      In Windows the active player takes over the files, that means if JRiver is the active player your music files will have its icon, if Windows Media Player then its icon is used.
      I changed all control panel defaults that were JRiver to Windows Media Player, but new rips are still going to JRiver files. Pleas tell me what else I need to do to stop JRiver from taking over music files.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you have Windows 7, select Start >> then type:

Set your default Programs

then change the Windows Media Player associations.

If J River still takes over the files (and you are ripping in a format Windows Media player can play, note it will not play FLAC).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• capomover
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
          If you have Windows 7, select Start >> then type:

Set your default Programs

then change the Windows Media Player associations.

If J River still takes over the files (and you are ripping in a format Windows Media player can play, note it will not play FLAC).
          Thanks for the help, but, after doing as you instructed, JRiver still takes over the files. I even tried uninstalling and re-installing JRiver and that didn't fix it either. And yes, I am ripping to WAV lossless as always, so no problem there.

I don't understand why I didn't have this problem before. I bought J River in March, 2013 and have not changed any settings since then. Before today, the ripped files went to Windows Music library by artist/title/album. Now the rips go to Media Center files.

Once again, thanks for the input.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Perhaps ask J River on their forum, we do not use this software so cannot comment on it.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>