title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DSP Effect Replygain and Bitdepth question/clarification

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bch
    • Nov 2013

DSP Effect Replygain and Bitdepth question/clarification

Hi,

I am a newbie to dBpoweramp and have only so far ripped a few CDs as test rips. I have configured my dBpoweramp to rip CDs to FLAC (uncompressed - storage is cheap).

The ripped CDs will be mainly played on my Sonos system.

I am very interested in getting the best possible results when ripping all my CDs, so I am hoping for some advise on the DSP effects settings.

I have checked the setup guide at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm and have added Replaygain to the DSP action. After I added it, it displays as "RG Replygain" - I presume this is the one I should use?

For best results when ripping, am I best to keep the settings as listed in the setup guide (as below)?

- Write Track Gain -> ticked
    - Write Album Gain -> ticked, with "album identified by Album ID tag"
    - EBU R128 Calculated Gain -> -23 LUFS Target Volume

There is also a second DSP effect added in my Ripper called Bitdepth (I probably added it myself, but can't remember). This is currently set to "Fixed Bit Depth 24 bit" and Apply Dither - NONE. I have no idea what effect this has - should I keep it added to the DSP and, if so, with the same settings - or would I be best to remove it from there altogether? All my CDs are ordinary CDs, I don't have any HD music to be ripped.

Are there any other DSP Effects that it would be advantageous to add to further optimise the resulting ripped tracks/albums?

I do apologise if these questions have already been answered, but I could not find answers to my specific questions above.

All help most appreciated!

- Bch
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DSP Effect Replygain and Bitdepth question/clarification

It looks good except the 24 bit bit depth DSP effect, you should not have this one.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bch
      • Nov 2013

Thanks Spoon, I have now removed the 24 bit depth DSP effect for future rips.

So, having now configured my dBpoweramp according your dBpoweramp setup guide, I should now be ready to start ripping all my CD albums, without any more tweaking of DSP or other settings, for perfect results?

- Bch

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Correct
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bch
          • Nov 2013

Thanks very much Spoon, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...

]]>