title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Naming convention in case of no meta data

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ripshark
    • Dec 2013

Naming convention in case of no meta data

I have encountered a batch of CDs where some of the CDs have no meta data is available. The resulting ripped files are writing over each other because the naming convention does not have a way to recognize that a file of the same name exists (I think). Is there a naming convention I can use which will create a new folder name for each CD with no meta data (such as Untitled 1, Untitled 2, etc.)?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Naming convention in case of no meta data

Using Batch Ripper?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ripshark
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      Using Batch Ripper?
      Yes, using batch ripper. This my naming string: [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [title].

I am looking for meta data to fill folder and file names when available, but a numbered sequence on the album folder [discunique] to fill if no meta data. Thanks Spoon. BTW, I have converted from using Ripstation software to DBpoweramp recently - nice improvement if I can get over this little thing.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There are a few ways to go about this:

you can use [discunique] below the artist folder, then all the unknown artists would be grouped together, you can use programmable function such as [IFVALUE]album,,[discunique]\[] to only insert a unqiue folder number if there is no album name

or you can set batch ripper to show the metadata input page if there is no metadata.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ripshark
          • Dec 2013

Thanks Spoon, this string seems to be doing the trick for me: [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[IFVALUE]album,,[discunique]\[][album]\[track] [title]. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>