title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Re-installed Windows 7, CD ripper info and accurate rip result are now gone

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saiyan
    • Dec 2010

Re-installed Windows 7, CD ripper info and accurate rip result are now gone

I re-installed my Windows 7 on a new SSD a few days ago, copied old profiles folders "AccurateRip" and "dBpoweramp" to C:\Users\[my user name]\AppData\Roaming on my new hard drive and then reinstalled dbPweramp R14.4.

When I run CDRipper and insert a CD I have ripped, CD Ripper no longer has the track info and cover image I entered previously on my old Win7 PC.
    AccurateRip status from my previous rip is also missing.

Does anyone know if the information such as track names, album names and AccurateRip result are supposed to be stored in C:\Users\[my user name]\AppData\Roaming\AccurateRip and C:\Users\[my user name]\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp directories?

Thanks.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Re-installed Windows 7, CD ripper info and accurate rip result are now gone

Tags are stored in that path, when you run the new cd ripper you should see a file created (it has cache in the name, in that folder)

Comment

• saiyan
      • Dec 2010

Hi *********,

I just re-copied C:\Users\[my user name]\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\CDRipperCache.bin from a backup I made on my old system but when I run CDRipper again it still does not "remember" any track/album info I entered previous nor does it remember the accurate rip results.
      Instead, CDRipper would retrieve track/album info from Internet as if the CDs I inserted has never been ripped by the program before.

It's not a big issue for me but I'm just curious why copying old dbpoweramp and accuraterip profile folders (in AppData\Roaming) to the my new Winodws 7 installation did not work.
      It worked for moving other programs' settings and profiles (such as Firefox browser).

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Delete that file on the new computer, run CD Ripper, rip one CD, close cd ripper, it is not recreated, then the file in use is in a different location.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• saiyan
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
          Delete that file on the new computer, run CD Ripper, rip one CD, close cd ripper, it is not recreated, then the file in use is in a different location.
          Okay. I deleted both "AccurateRip" and "dBpoweramp" folders in my "AppData\Roaming" directory first and then ripped one CD per your request.
          Afterward both "AccurateRip" and "dBpoweramp" folders were re-created in my "AppData\Roaming" directory. CDRipperCache.bin was also re-created in "AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp" folder.

That means C:\Users\[my user name]\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\CDRipperCache.bin is the file CDRipper is using.

Are "AccurateRip" and "dBpoweramp" folders in "AppData\Roaming" directory supposed to be "transferrable" to another Windows 7 system just by copying those folders?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

AccurateRip would not, but this is not used for metadata. The CDRipperCache should be transferable.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>