title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Continous rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonnie5
    • Nov 2013

Continous rip

Right folks......I told you I'd be back.

Ive made a good start rippng my cd collection on to flac and mp3. Until now Ive just been letting the coder put the tracks in Alpha order, but now I'm going to see if I can rip my Pink Floyd SACD's but with these album tracks merging with one another, its not going to sound correct with a gap inbeween tracks so who's going to give me a how2 in laymen's terms how to rip the SACD without a gap in between tracks.

BTW I now its not msn but I'm going to try do this, this evening.

Regards Jonathon
    Last edited by jonnie5; November 26, 2013, 06:31 PM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Continous rip

Originally posted by jonnie5
    Right folks......I told you I'd be back.

Ive made a good start rippng my cd collection on to flac and mp3. Until now Ive just been letting the coder put the tracks in Alpha order, but now I'm going to see if I can rip my Pink Floyd SACD's but with these album tracks merging with one another, its not going to sound correct with a gap inbeween tracks so who's going to give me a how2 in laymen's terms how to rip the SACD without a gap in between tracks.

Regards Jonathon
    I don't know if dbpa can rip SACDs at all. But with normal CD ripping to FLAC and mp3, gapless is automatic. nothing special has to be set.

Comment

• jonnie5
      • Nov 2013

How do I set it to save the album tracks in the order it was ripped from th cd and not in alpha order?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

How do I set it to save the album tracks in the order it was ripped from th cd and not in alpha order?
        aren't you adding track numbers to the meta data along with track name, artist, album name, etc.? And you can also name files themselves with track number at beginning (e.g., 01 - trackname, 02 - trackname, etc.)

Comment

• jonnie5
          • Nov 2013

Never thought about adding numbers

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Never thought about adding numbers
            This is the string I use for dynamic naming. Adds track numbers to file names (as well as automatically handling compilations, multidisk sets, etc.)

[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]

Comment

• jonnie5
              • Nov 2013

SACD seams to have worked

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

SACD seams to have worked
                FYI.

The Pink Floyd SACD you have ripped will be a hybrid SACD (dual layer). It will have the DSD layer (HD/Hi-Res) and an Audio CD layer (PCM Redbook 16bit, 44.1kHz).

CDRipper will not see the DSD layer and will rip the Audio CD layer only, so your flacs will be 16bit, 44.1kHz. Some SACDs only have the DSD layer and cannot be ripped in CDRipper.

Comment

Working...

]]>