title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trouble with album art and accessing websites wdth meta data

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dixter
    • Nov 2013

Trouble with album art and accessing websites wdth meta data

I have been using dBpoweramp successfully and easily with jRiver in the Soundscience Music Vault II (Win 7) music server. Before, just to the right of the cd image/album art at the bottom right of the screen were 2 buttons: one for album art which showed alternative art or alternative resolution, and the other which gave access to the 3 sites that supplied meta data. Today I turn on dBpoweramp and the buttons are gone. I have not used dBpoweramp for several weeks and today when I go to launch it the icon is displaced to the upper right corner of the screen. I had it on the left edge. Whats up? Was there an upgrade? Is there any way to revert to the previous functions mentioned. I think the version now loaded is 14.4, or is it 4.14?? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Rich
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Trouble with album art and accessing websites wdth meta data

Your screen resolution must be too low to show the buttons.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dixter
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      Your screen resolution must be too low to show the buttons.
      Well, it wasn't too low for the last year or so. It worked fine and showed the buttons. Same screen in use now but no buttons. I attempted to solve the problem by adjusting vertical/horizpntal positioning but no change. As stated before, I hadn't used the ripper for about 2 weeks and then when I started it last night, no buttons. Do they show up on your screen?
      Last edited by Dixter; November 06, 2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If the font sizing has been changed, it is based on this also (ie 125% or 150%).

What is your screen resolution and what is the 'text size'?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dixter
          • Nov 2013

If the font sizing has been changed, it is based on this also (ie 125% or 150%).

What is your screen resolution and what is the 'text size'?
          Spooon, I thank you for your response and guidance. But I guess I am just to computer ignorant to know what to do.

I assume that resolution and font/text size adjustments reside in either the monitor itself, the computer(Windows) or the dBpoweramp program. I can find no resolution/font adjustments on the monitor-- only vertical or horizontal adjustment, etc. I figure that if the computer/Windows controls them, it would effect other programs too, e.g. jRiver, Chrome, etc., and these are showing no problems/change from before. As for dBpoweramp, I cannot figure out where to adjust resolution/font.

In the meantime, I discovered how to find the various online sites: in the upper left the buttons for "rip", "rerip", "eject" and then the little cd image that says "meta". Click the drop down arrow and then select "review perfectmeta matches". I assume there is a workaround for the album art too, but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks again. Regards, Rich

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you right click on your desktop >> Screen Resolution

What screen resolution is set? if you click the 'Make the Text or other items larger or smaller' which value is selected?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dixter
              • Nov 2013

If you right click on your desktop >> Screen Resolution

What screen resolution is set? if you click the 'Make the Text or other items larger or smaller' which value is selected?
              Resolution is set at 1084 x 768, which is a moderately low setting of those available. If I change this setting either up or down, weird things happen and the "window" is crossed by a black line, off to the left or right, partial window, etc., making that setting unusable. I am sure this is the setting its been on all along, since I didn't know how to change it. So at this setting, up until a few weeks ago, the buttons used to show. So I don't think this is the issue. If the setting had been higher or lower before, the screen would have been unreadable. The text setting is 100%, the default setting.

Just to remind you, another symptom, in addition to the buttons missing, was that the dBpoweramp icon on the desktop had moved on its own from the lower left corner to the upper right corner: one day I started the computer and the icon was at lower left, the next day I started it and the icon had moved to the the upper right.. Does that suggest anything?

By the way, the monitor is an older Dell, 4:3 LCD.

Regards, Rich

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

The resolution has to be 1280 to show these buttons.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dixter
                  • Nov 2013

The resolution has to be 1280 to show these buttons.
                  Hmmmm......well if thats true, how come it was working before, how come the buttons showed before when the resolution was set at 1024? Its not like I hallucinated them. I used them. And of course, if they had not been there at 1024 before, how would I have known about them in the first place? Again, Spoon, I thank you for your efforts and I really want to solve this problem.

Regards, Rich

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

The buttons start at a position of about 1060 (if the resolution is below to show the button it is not shown), so would not have been visible at 1024.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dixter

Just to remind you, another symptom, in addition to the buttons missing, was that the dBpoweramp icon on the desktop had moved on its own from the lower left corner to the upper right corner: one day I started the computer and the icon was at lower left, the next day I started it and the icon had moved to the the upper right.. Does that suggest anything?

By the way, the monitor is an older Dell, 4:3 LCD.

Regards, Rich
                      The position of the icon on your desktop screen moving also could point to the resolution of the screen changing (thus the need to change the location of icons on the screen). Keep in mind that several things can change screen resolution without the user going in and manually changing it. In the past, I've had my screen resolution changed by (1) plugging laptop into an overhead projector temporarily for use in a presentation or (2) using/installing a new program that changed the screen resolution (behind the scenes) without asking me. I have no idea if these things could have happened to you, but just pointing out that it could have changed without your intervention.

Comment

• Dixter
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by garym
                        The position of the icon on your desktop screen moving also could point to the resolution of the screen changing (thus the need to change the location of icons on the screen). Keep in mind that several things can change screen resolution without the user going in and manually changing it. In the past, I've had my screen resolution changed by (1) plugging laptop into an overhead projector temporarily for use in a presentation or (2) using/installing a new program that changed the screen resolution (behind the scenes) without asking me. I have no idea if these things could have happened to you, but just pointing out that it could have changed without your intervention.
                        Thanks Garym. New information. While I haven't done anything as drastic as plugging into an overhead projector, but I have unplugged because of an approaching thunderstorm and then plugged back in a couple of times so maybe that could have effected the icon position/resolution setting. Or adding HDtracks download program or Amazon downloader. Thing is (with resolution setting) if I select anything other than the 1024 mentioned above everything is displaced on the screen and therefore unreadable. So I don't know what it could have been set on before when the buttons were visible.

I do thank you for your added info. Luckily I found a workaround (above) for the web metadata sites. Hopefully I will find the album cover solution too, since the screen doesn't work on any resolution other than 1024.

Regards, Rich

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Yep, this is a tough problem to diagnose given that all was working OK. Any possibility of borrowing someone's monitor to plug in to your system to see if a different monitor allows you to see the items and/or change the resolution. If so, then you might want to consider a new monitor. It seems they have gotten pretty cheap these days. But I'd want to test first before buying one and discovering the same problem. Good luck.

Comment

Working...

]]>