title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error Message from AccurateRip on New Drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ardroth
    • Nov 2013

Error Message from AccurateRip on New Drive

Hi - first time poster here. I've been using the same laptop drive for many years with EAC. Recently that drive quit on me, so for a cheap and easy solution I bought this LG USB drive:

Whenever I try to get it set-up for AccurateRip it gives me this error message (I've tried 3 different "key" cd's so far):

"This Key Disc cannot be used for offest detection, it does not match the AccurateRip stored disc or your drive does not exist in AccurateRip and this disc has multiple pressings stored. Please try a different Key Disc."

If anyone has a solution to this by all means I am all ears (or.. eyes, in this case). Thank you for your time...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error Message from AccurateRip on New Drive

Keep trying different discs and it will configure eventually.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Why-Fi
      • Nov 2013

I have almost exactly the same problem. I replaced the drive in my server and when I tried to configure AccurateRip I got the message

"This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection (it does not match the one stored in AccurateRips database), please try a different Key Disc."

I did eventually manage to configure (it required 3 discs to be used) but whenever I ripped a new CD it always indicated that it was not in AccurateRip. I became a bit suspicious about this and decided to try configuring again. I reset to zero and gathered together a bunch of Key Discs. I got the same message every time for 10 Key Discs. That seemed to be odd so I checked on another copy of DBPowerAmp with a different drive. There was no problem with the same Key Discs.

So there seems to be a problem with my new drive and it's configuration. However, it did appear to be ripping ok and when I re-ripped I got the same CRC as the first rip.

What might be the issue?

Currently the new drive is unconfigured because I haven't been able to find a Key disc that works again.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If the drive is in the database you only need 1 matching disc, if your drive is not in the database you need 3 matching discs where there are no other pressings of that disc in the database, it could take a number of discs to configure.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Why-Fi
          • Nov 2013

Thanks for the speedy response.

So it would seem that my new drive may not be in the database. My other drive seems to work with all the Key Discs that I provided. The new drive doesn't work with any. So presumably that means the pressings are recognised when placed in the old drive but not in the new. Is there some other matching that needs to take place to allow the new drive to be configured with each Key Disc?

Comment

• Why-Fi
            • Nov 2013

Update
            It finally took a Key Disc and configured properly. It only needed one disc. The new rips are now matching on AccurateRip. I am not sure what happened previously but it looks like there was an issue with the previous configuration.

Comment

• alfamonaro
              • Dec 2013

I have also encountered the same issue where previously I had dBPowerAmp working seamlessly and then my CD drive died. I've since replaced it with an OPTIARC - DVD RW AD-5670 SC and I have tried over 50 CDs to configure AccurateRip with this new drive and keep getting the same message that this Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection etc. I'm becoming increasingly disheartened that I cannot find a disc that matches one of the stored discs. I've read from this and other threads that I should keep trying but I'm rapidly reaching a point of giving up and looking for another product. Any sage advice please...

P.S. What does the message mean: expected offset [+48 samples]?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Expected offset means that the offset previously measured, so it expects the next one to match, once you have 3 matches it will configure....or you can choose a drive which is already in AccurateRip (see www.accuraterip.com) then any single of your 50 discs will configure the drive.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alfamonaro
                  • Dec 2013

Thank you for the prompt response.

My music collection consists solely of classical music and perhaps that is why I'm having so much trouble finding a "Key Disc". Since your reply I've tried several more CDs none of which turned out to be a Key Disc, however given that my optical drive is included in the list of CD drive sample offsets (see below) could you please instruct me what I need to do so that my dBPoweramp CD ripper can be configured by any of my discs.

CD Drive Correction Offset Submitted By Percentage Agree
                  OPTIARC - DVD RW AD-5670SC +48 2 100%

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...

]]>