title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Information Log (Shown after Ripping)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe B
    • Oct 2013

Information Log (Shown after Ripping)

Does anyone know if it is possible to automaticaly save the Information Log (shown after ripping) to a location? ie The folder for the track. I know that the Secure extraction log can be written there but it is summarised compared to the one shown after ripping. At the moment I only know how to "copy to clip board", and save it as a word document in the desired location. I'm using windows XP.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Information Log (Shown after Ripping)

You can specify the level of information in that written log file, choose the complete option.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Joe B
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      You can specify the level of information in that written log file, choose the complete option.
      Thanks Spoon. I love your work.

I have already selected the "complete" option but when I look at the log file that gets saved it's not as detailed as the one at end of rip.

The main reason I chose dBPoweramp is because of Chris at Computer Audiofile's CD ripping strategy and methodology. I don't take it as Gospel, I dont use interpolation, but this is what he said back in 2009.

"In addition to interpolation, this is where one enables the Write To File option. When this is enabled a file will be written to the album folder for the currently ripped disc. This file is great to keep in the Archival Copy as it explains if anything hen wrong with the rip and more. I use this when I think I hear a click or pop in a song. Looking at this log provide a data point to help me decide is I am hearing something real or not or if it's just part of the recording".

Do you think he is only talking about the write to file option or the "shown after ripping" log?

Maybe I am asking the wrong person but do you agree that the info in both places is different?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Rip track 1 only please and post the contents of your log and the contents of the info page please.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Joe B
          • Oct 2013

This is the information that gets "shown after ripping":

Track 3: Ripped LBA 29500 to 51655 (4:55) in 4:36. Filename: S:\dB Poweramp\Stevie Ray Vaughan\Couldn't Stand the Weather\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - The Things (That) I Used to Do1E. Jones.IGNORE
          Secure (Warning) [Pass 1 & 2, Ultra 1 to 4, Re-Rip 15 Frames]
          CRC32: 0F2DCB04 AccurateRip CRC: 2F0313E4 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 013-001bbd31-0113f5f4-a10ce30d-3]
          Re-rip Frame: 38331 (00:01:57.746) matched 10 / 10
          Re-rip Frame: 38395 (00:01:58.600) matched 10 / 11
          Re-rip Frame: 38492 (00:01:59.893) matched 10 / 11
          Re-rip Frame: 38502 (00:02:00.026) matched 10 / 10
          Re-rip Frame: 38513 (00:02:00.173) matched 10 / 10
          Re-rip Frame: 38523 (00:02:00.306) matched 10 / 11
          Re-rip Frame: 38524 (00:02:00.320) matched 10 / 11
          Re-rip Frame: 38534 (00:02:00.453) matched 10 / 13
          Re-rip Frame: 38555 (00:02:00.733) matched 10 / 15
          Re-rip Frame: 38556 (00:02:00.746) matched 10 / 11
          Re-rip Frame: 38726 (00:02:03.013) matched 10 / 11
          Re-rip Frame: 39335 (00:02:11.133) matched 10 / 12
          Re-rip Frame: 39345 (00:02:11.266) matched 10 / 10
          Re-rip Frame: 39388 (00:02:11.840) matched 10 / 13
          Re-rip Frame: 39399 (00:02:11.986) matched 10 / 11

On a previous attempt I also got this Error information "Shown after ripping":

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3' to 'S:\dB Poweramp\Stevie Ray Vaughan\Couldn't Stand the Weather\03 Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - The Things (That) I Used to Do1E. Jones.IGNORE'
          Track Ripped Insecurely.

I overcme this error though.

I'm not sure if I am looking in the right place for the saved log.

If I wave the mouse over the file in its saved location I get a heap of info about the file but not much about the ripping. All it says is:

AccurateRipResult: AccurateRip : Not in ...es (warn) [2F0313E4]

The only other place I can see anything about the rip is in the file properties, ID Tag where it says:

AccurateRipR... AccurateRip: Not in Data Base Secure: Yes (warn)...

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Ah if you are using the multi encoder then the cd ripper does not really know where to save the log file, try without it, or try setting the multi encoder path so it matches cd rippers path and filename.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Joe B
              • Oct 2013

I am using a multi encoder. The only place I can see to change any details is Options - Ripping Method - Secure - Secure Settings - Secure Extraction Log - Write to Log File Name - (This looks like source code to me but maybe I can tell it the path here)? If so how would I write it?

The place I would like to save it is in the file for the album since the info contains all tracks. The album is found at: F:\Flac Music\[genre]\[Artist]\[Album]. Should I delete the default file name and replace it with this path/code?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Yes
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Joe B
                  • Oct 2013

The place I would like to save it is in the file for the album since the info contains all tracks. The album is found at: F:\Flac Music\[genre]\[Artist]\[Album]. I deleted the default file name and replaced it with this path/code, exactly as it is written here, but it did not get saved there. I still only see the information at end of rip or the summarised version as mentioned earlier. Any more ideas would be appreciated?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Try F:\[artist]

as a test, if that works then add extra folders.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>