title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

no gap between tracks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daninchicago
    • Oct 2013

no gap between tracks

I bought ver. 14.4. I cannot figure out how to get the ripper to recognize the gaps between tracks on CD. Please response without jargon, as I am brand new to ripping.

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: no gap between tracks

CD Ripper rips the CD exactly as is, that is, for a normal CD there will be 2 seconds gap added to the end of the tracks, for a Gapless CD there will be no gaps.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• daninchicago
      • Oct 2013

Well, I know that that is the way it is supposed to be, but I have now ripped 6 CD's, all with gaps between the tracks, and all have come out with no gap. So, what am I doing wrong? Did I set some value during set up that might cause this? Could there be something wrong with my Jriver set up that is causing this?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you had no DSP effects running (such as silence remove) then the audio would be untouched by CD Ripper, you could install Adacity to look at the audio for one of the files, look for a blank line at the end of the track.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• daninchicago
          • Oct 2013

Turns out it was a Jriver setup issue. There is an option for this, and apparently the default is set at "no gaps."

Thanks for your responses.

Comment

Working...

]]>