title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ReplayGain (Apply)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TwoSeventy
    • Oct 2013

ReplayGain (Apply)

I have been using dbpoweramp for a while now and have realised I have set it to use ReplayGain(Apply) instead of ReplayGain Calculate. I haven't adjusted the settings so the tracks are set to 0db. Will this have applied any processing? I really want bit perfect rips.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ReplayGain (Apply)

If the tracks did not have existing Replaygain tags then the audio would not be changed, if the files are lossless you can install PerfectTUNES to check the audio against AccurateRip again, if no replaygain has been applied then the audio will match accuraterip.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TwoSeventy
      • Oct 2013

Thanks for the swift reply and the great software. I am checking out perfectTUNES just now. The tracks are lossless and don't have any replay gain values as I just added the replaygain(apply) instead of replaygain by accident. I am assuming replaygain would show up in the tracks metadata.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TwoSeventy
        I just added the replaygain(apply) instead of replaygain by accident.
        That means you modified your audio (applying RG) rather than simply adding RG tags, which would be the preferred method. I suspect PerfectTunes will not show accurraterip match because of this.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It only Applies if the Replaygain tag is there, as was ripping the disc, there would be no tag.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
            It only Applies if the Replaygain tag is there, as was ripping the disc, there would be no tag.
            Aha. That was lucky then.

Comment

Working...

]]>