title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rips of HDCD CDs to FLAC - Failed MD5 mismatch in foobar but not with TEST CONVERSION

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Rips of HDCD CDs to FLAC - Failed MD5 mismatch in foobar but not with TEST CONVERSION

First, easy question: Where are the "information" logs stored when that option is selected as output for a TEST CONVERSION of files. I've looked and can't find logs anywhere.

Second, and the reason I've asked about test conversion, I've noticed the following with any HDCD files I rip to FLAC with dbpa (*not* using the HDCD DSP, just a normal FLAC rip with only DSP used being the adding of ReplayGain tags)

1. AccurateRip noted as matching when ripping and also when checking later with PerfectTunes.
    2. Conversion of FLAC files to TEST CONVERSION doesn't produce a popup message with any errors
    3. But--AND THIS IS MY QUESTION REALLY--If I use "verify integrity" utility in Foobar2000, I get back "Failed: MD5 mismatch" on every file. This is for HDCD FLACs only (not for 'non-HDCD' FLACs. (And again, I'm not ripping the HDCD CDs using any HDCD DSPs).

NOTE: The FLAC files in question all play just fine via squeezeboxes, in foobar2000, etc. .
    Last edited by garym; September 16, 2013, 05:39 PM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Rips of HDCD CDs to FLAC - Failed MD5 mismatch in foobar but not with TEST CONVER

Duh. Answering my own question (I should have searched a bit harder). This is a known problem in foobar2000 when HDCD decoder component is installed. I just tested, and removing the HDCD component in foobar2000 allows the foobar "verify integrity" utility to report "OK" (as with TEST CONVERSION).

Comment

Working...

]]>