title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Meta data entered from one computer to use from another

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinni
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2013

Meta data entered from one computer to use from another

It takes lot of time to enter meta data. Some times, re-rippng is happening many many frames. Then, I use same cd to work from other computer. However, it is pain to enter data again for title/singer/composer.

Is there anyway, I can re rip on other computer without needing to enter meta data again? Thanks for the help.
  • chinni
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2013

Re: Meta data entered from one computer to use from another

Also every when I try rip any track on this cd, I see re-repping 2000 to 100000 frames. Is it practical to leave the computer whole night to get them ripped? I did wash and put the cd again. This is brand new cd. Out of 25 cds I tried, two of them having similar problem.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by chinni
      Also every when I try rip any track on this cd, I see re-repping 2000 to 100000 frames. Is it practical to leave the computer whole night to get them ripped? I did wash and put the cd again. This is brand new cd. Out of 25 cds I tried, two of them having similar problem.
      I get occasional reripping of frames, but not 2 out of 25 brand new CDs. If this problem continues, I suspect maybe your DRIVE itself is not good at ripping. Perhaps try a different drive for ripping.

on your first question, are you manually entering all metadata. Doesn't the internet find *most* of the metadata, with perhaps a bit of editing required?

Comment

• chinni
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by garym
        I get occasional reripping of frames, but not 2 out of 25 brand new CDs. If this problem continues, I suspect maybe your DRIVE itself is not good at ripping. Perhaps try a different drive for ripping.

on your first question, are you manually entering all metadata. Doesn't the internet find *most* of the metadata, with perhaps a bit of editing required?
        These are Indian music CDs. It could be quality of CD material itself. I tried from two laptops. Some times, I am able to rip all except one trak from one laptop and able to rip that track from other computer.

I am getting meta data for around 30% of Indian CDs.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by chinni
          These are Indian music CDs. It could be quality of CD material itself. I tried from two laptops. Some times, I am able to rip all except one trak from one laptop and able to rip that track from other computer.

I am getting meta data for around 30% of Indian CDs.
          Yes, I can see why many of these CDs would not have metadata available.

Comment

Working...

]]>