title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Choose drive for ripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • signo82
    • Sep 2013

Choose drive for ripping

Hi,
    I’m an audiophile and I’m looking for blue-ray drive for making an High Definition Music Player with a PC.
    I need a blue ray reader and the best cd ripper drive to store my all cd disk.
    I read over internet that Plextor should be the best drive for this purpose.
    Some people speak about FUA feature (Forced Unit Access) that disable the internal cache while ripping cds.
    Looking on your website I find the PX-LB950SA. Does it have FUA feature?
    Does it support C2 pointers?
    On the market I can’t find it. I only find the PX-B950SA. Is it the same drive?
    Have you other suggestions choosing the cd ripper drive?
    Best regards.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Choose drive for ripping

Originally posted by signo82
    Hi,
    I&*8217;m an audiophile and I&*8217;m looking for blue-ray drive for making an High Definition Music Player with a PC.
    I need a blue ray reader and the best cd ripper drive to store my all cd disk.
    I read over internet that Plextor should be the best drive for this purpose.
    Some people speak about FUA feature (Forced Unit Access) that disable the internal cache while ripping cds.
    Looking on your website I find the PX-LB950SA. Does it have FUA feature?
    Does it support C2 pointers?
    On the market I can&*8217;t find it. I only find the PX-B950SA. Is it the same drive?
    Have you other suggestions choosing the cd ripper drive?
    Best regards.
    AccurateRip collects data from all drives, normally this is only used to verify a disc is accurate, but can be reversed to calculate which drives are the most accurate (as measured by lowest % inaccurate tracks). This test was previously run in 2012 (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?25782-CD-DVD-Drive-Accuracy

but keep in mind that the beauty of dbpa ripper and ACCURATERIP is that almost any drive will work (because if you get a match with AR, you have a bit perfect rip).

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Choose drive for ripping

Generally speaking, Blueray drives are not as good as DVD drives for extracting audio.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>