title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Newbie Can't Seem to register program for use

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psy
    • Sep 2013

Newbie Can't Seem to register program for use

I have spent the last hour reading around the forums, but I did not see anything that resembled my problem.

On Thursday, August 08, 2013 I purchased dBpoweramp Reference R14.4 (Family Pack).

I downloaded the program, including the registration file "dMC-R14.4-Ref-Registered"

Installation was reportedly successful, and the program found and recognized the CD in my external disc drive.

But I cannot get the program to rip a CD. Instead, I get the following error message:

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\Ace\Music\1dbpoweramp\Tedeschi Trucks Band\Everybody's Talkin' disc 1\01 Tedeschi Trucks Band - Everybody's Talkin'.mp3'
    Secure ripping is not supported with unregistered dBpoweramp, select 'Standard' ripping method.
    mp3 Encoder trial has expired, purchase mp3 License to continue encoding to mp3.

I tried to change the encoder to FLAC, AICC--same problem.

When the program says that my trial period has ended and to register, I go through the same download and installation routine with the same negative result of immediate error messages and no ripping.

I had previously used the program (trial period) on this computer successfully, and I cannot figure out why I can't seem to get the program to acknowledge my "successful" registration. I have deleted the program, re-installed, re-started my computer--all to no avail.

I welcome suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Newbie Can't Seem to register program for use

Uninstall all dbpoweramp programs (control panel >> programs and features), restart your system then install dMC-R14.4-Ref-Registered.

Straight after installation it shows the configuration page, at the top it should say reference registered.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• psy
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      Uninstall all dbpoweramp programs (control panel >> programs and features), restart your system then install dMC-R14.4-Ref-Registered.

Straight after installation it shows the configuration page, at the top it should say reference registered.
      I removed all dbpoweramp programs, restarted my system, installed the program again, and still got the same "trial period expired" status on the configuration page.

Please advise.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Please email your order number:

and a link to this thread.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• psy
          • Sep 2013

Thanks Spoon for troubleshooting my problem.

Although I had used Windows to uninstall the program, it did not uninstall the Start Menu shortcut.

As you suggested, I deleted the Start Menu shortcut.
          I also used the Uninstall option in dbPoweramp to remove the ripper program
          I then used Windows to uninstall the remaining dbPoweramp program in the Windows Program Files folder.

I did a new install of the program and it works properly.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...

]]>