title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CDs will not rip - Error on all tracks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • candmarmstrong
    • Aug 2013

CDs will not rip - Error on all tracks

Hi, I was able to accurately rip cds but I get the error message log below. I've also copied the Information Ripping log for your information. Can you advise me how to get my ripping to start working again please?

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'U:\Music\Country Joe & the Fish\Electric Music for the Mind and Body\01 Country Joe & the Fish - Flying High.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'U:\Music\Country Joe & the Fish\Electric Music for the Mind and Body\01 Country Joe & the Fish - Flying High.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'U:\Music\Country Joe & the Fish\Electric Music for the Mind and Body\01 Country Joe & the Fish - Flying High.flac'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 50 to 12125 (2:41) in 0:00. Filename: U:\Music\Country Joe & the Fish\Electric Music for the Mind and Body\01 Country Joe & the Fish - Flying High.flac
    [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 0A62889F AccurateRip CRC: 00000000 [DiscID: 011-00114437-0096294f-800a540b-1]

I get these messages for every track on the cd.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: CDs will not rip - Error on all tracks

what is U:\? A network drive or USB attached drive? Try ripping to C:\ as a test. If that works, it means there is something not allowing dbpa to write to U:\

Comment

• candmarmstrong
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by garym
      what is U:\? A network drive or USB attached drive? Try ripping to C:\ as a test. If that works, it means there is something not allowing dbpa to write to U:\
      Thanks for your help. I've tried that and it's worked. U: is my NAS drive - is there something that I need to reset on it?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by candmarmstrong
        Thanks for your help. I've tried that and it's worked. U: is my NAS drive - is there something that I need to reset on it?
        You somehow need to give dbpa permission to write to your NAS. Not sure how to do this (more related to your NAS rather than dbpa). In my own case, with a NAS, I rip to my C:\ drive, do any cleanup on tags, etc. and then when happy with everything, I copy the files over the network to my NAS.

Comment

• candmarmstrong
          • Aug 2013

Thanks for your advice again. That's what I've just done with a cd and it works fine so I can live with doing it that way for now whilst I investigate what's changed on the NAS. It's great to have someone who's knowledgeable about dbpoweramp to help those of us who are still inexperienced.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by candmarmstrong
            Thanks for your advice again. That's what I've just done with a cd and it works fine so I can live with doing it that way for now whilst I investigate what's changed on the NAS. It's great to have someone who's knowledgeable about dbpoweramp to help those of us who are still inexperienced.
            You're very welcome.

Comment

Working...

]]>