title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Popular DSP effects

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinni
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2013

Popular DSP effects

I am using replay gain. Could you please share what are other useful DSP features that you typically apply? There are many DSP actions. I am going through them to find any useful stuff for me.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Popular DSP effects

Normally you would not use any others.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chinni
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      Normally you would not use any others.
      Thanks for the reply to give confidence to continue.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by chinni
        I am using replay gain. Could you please share what are other useful DSP features that you typically apply? There are many DSP actions. I am going through them to find any useful stuff for me.
        I use only RG in ripping 1000s of CDs to FLAC.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2011

Though it has no bearing on the audio data, I use the ID Tag Processing DSP to refine and clean-up my tags as I rip.

Comment

• chinni
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
            Though it has no bearing on the audio data, I use the ID Tag Processing DSP to refine and clean-up my tags as I rip.
            Thanks. I explored this DSP. It seems one can add, manipulate, delete tags. What do you usually clean up using this DSP? Does it really effect when you play from flac players?

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Thanks. I explored this DSP. It seems one can add, manipulate, delete tags. What do you usually clean up using this DSP? Does it really effect when you play from flac players?
              this dsp affects tag information. This has NOTHING whatsoever to do with how things SOUND when playing a FLAC file.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2011

As I said and garym re-iterated, it has no bearing or effect on the audio data at all....it's ONLY for tweaking the metadata that's saved during ripping. So when you ask whether it "really effects when you play from FLAC players," if you're asking about effect on audio quality, there is no effect.

But metadata DOES impact how your players organize and display your music library. Messy, inconsistent tags make a music library hard to navigate. Over time, I've developed my own tagging scheme that forces my players display things the way I want. Starting with the ID Tag Processing DSP in dBpoweramp, I delete tags I don't want and add or change those specific tags that I use to control the way my music is organized and displayed.

Do keep in mind: Metadata can be added or changed anytime, so it's not critical that it be perfect upon ripping. It just leaves you with less to clean up or fix if you can get most of it right at the outset.

Comment

Working...

]]>