title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping Problem - Copy Protection?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ulysses
    • Jul 2013

Ripping Problem - Copy Protection?

I am having a problem ripping a particular CD - "Little Willies" - which appears to be related to a copy protection scheme. Track 13 --"Lou Reed" - is the last music track on the CD. When played on a CD player, Track 13's length is indicated as "4:15". However, when dBpoweramp produces the song list, Track 13 is shown with a length of "6:48". A Track 15 with the title - "Probable Copy Protection Crap" - is also shown.

When Track 13 is ripped, the ripping stops at 84% where it appears to hang. However, it actually continues very, very slowly with the percentage increasing in 1% increments for almost each minute of elapsed time. With my standard allowable time setting of 10 min. in Secure Settings, the rip is aborted before completion and there is no playable file on the hard drive (only 84KB shown). If I change the setting to 16 min. or more, the rip eventually reaches 100% before it quits. A file for Track 13 is created on the hard drive with a length of "6:48" (over 70MB). Needless to add, there is no AccurateRip match. A Track 15 - "Probable Copy Protection Crap" - is also created, with a length of "0:00" (84KB).

Track 13 as created above is playable until "4:15", after which there is silence for a few seconds followed by loud white noise that continues until "6:48". Is there any way to work around this and rip only Track 13's "4:15" of music? I simply deleted Track 15.
    Last edited by Ulysses; August 07, 2013, 03:46 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping Problem - Copy Protection?

Click the Rip as one button and specify the start and end time for the last track.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Ulysses
      • Jul 2013

Re: Ripping Problem - Copy Protection?

Many thanks. That worked. I keep learning new features about this terrific program.

Comment

Working...

]]>