title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to rip to 2 different folders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robertone
    • Aug 2013

How to rip to 2 different folders

Hi, Im currently ripping my CD's to .wav and .flac formats at the same time.
    Is it possible to set the ripping process to great 2 seprate folders in the artists/album folder one for the wave files and the other for the flac files.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to rip to 2 different folders

If you use multi encoder, you are able to specify an output path for each encoder, copy the naming string from CD Ripper to have the same layout.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• madmike
      • Aug 2013

Absolutely.

I am just learning the software and am spending a lot of time working with this. I am ripping to MP3 and FLAC in 2 separate folders.

On each ENCODER settings in CD Ripper (WAV and FLAC), you can specify a different folder setting.

I dont have the exact syntax of the tags with me right now, but you could have something like

\[Artist] - [Album] (FLAC)\[Track Number] [Artist] - [Title]

for the FLAC encoder, and

\[Artist] - [Album] (WAV)\[Track Number] [Artist] - [Title]

for the WAV encoder.

This would create a folder named "Pink Floyd - The Wall (FLAC)" for the FLAC encoder and another folder named "Pink Floyd - The Wall (WAV)" for the WAV encoder.

/Mike

Comment

• robertone
        • Aug 2013

thanks madmike,that did the trick.

Comment

Working...

]]>