title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Questions re Acurrate Rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHL
    • Jul 2013

Questions re Acurrate Rip

New to DBPA, just started using it.

Re AccurateRip, does it require BOTH the optical drive and the pressing to be matched? Or just one or the other?

If I have no matches for a particular CD in the AR database but I get a Secure rip, is that data sent to the AR data base for future comparisons? If so, if I re-rip the same CD why is my previous rip not in the AR database for comparison?

I also do not see my Plextor PX-870A DVD drive listed in you listings of drives.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Questions re Acurrate Rip

Once configured the optical drive used does not matter to AccurateRip.

It takes about 1 month for submissions to appear in AccurateRip.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DHL
      • Jul 2013

OK, so after about a month I can re-rip CDs that were "Secure Rip" and they will be AccurateRip because my one previous rip is now in the database?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Verifying your own rip with your previous rip is not using AccurateRip as designed, because your drive can give a consistent error, you need a different disc ripped in a different drive to verify.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DHL
          • Jul 2013

If that s true, then why doesn't the database also track the drive? That is kind of why I asked whether the drive is tracked as well. Does the database now if duplicate rips are being submitted from the same source and throw them out?

I think this may be important as many of my rips have had only 1 or 2 prior rips for comparison. Some have had zero. If I re-rip and get an "AR" whereas a month before I only got "secure", this is a bit misleading re the confidence of the rip.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The drive is not overly important, it is the disc, AccurateRip detects errors, errors are typically scratches or manufacturing defects, and these are not 100% identical across discs.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DHL
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
              Verifying your own rip with your previous rip is not using AccurateRip as designed, because your drive can give a consistent error, you need a different disc ripped in a different drive to verify.
              OK, but if you are not tracking the drive or source, how would you know you are comparing to a different disc? This would not be an issue if every AccurateRip comparison was 10-20 discs. But one or two? In this case the odds are high that you could be making a comparison with the same disc, especially if you rip the same CD on different occasions.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

We track user submissions to make sure that 1 user can only have 1 entry in the database.

If you rip your own disc, then 1 month later re-rip it and get a match with conf (1) it is likely your own rip you check against.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DHL
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
                  We track user submissions to make sure that 1 user can only have 1 entry in the database.

If you rip your own disc, then 1 month later re-rip it and get a match with conf (1) it is likely your own rip you check against.
                  OK, then for real assurance you have a true AcurrateRip, you need a confirmation of (2) or greater. This covers all possibilities.

Comment

Working...

]]>