title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Install DSP effects before ripping?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • len bell
    • Jul 2013

Install DSP effects before ripping?

New to the software have already started ripping, did i miss something by not installing DSP effects?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Install DSP effects before ripping?

If you have Reference Registered version, it comes by default with the DSP effects.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Which DSP effects are you wanting to use when ripping? I rip to flac and only use ReplayGain DSP to add track/album replay gain info to my tags.

Comment

• len bell
        • Jul 2013

same here, its just the first 30 or 40 cd's i ripped i didnt have the replay gain set, not sure if it warrants a re-rip though

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by len bell
          same here, its just the first 30 or 40 cd's i ripped i didnt have the replay gain set, not sure if it warrants a re-rip though
          just "convert" those digital files to "ReplayGain DSP" using dbpa batch converter. No need to rerip. RG is just adding a tag (like editing/adding metadata). One can always do these things without reripping.

Comment

• len bell
            • Jul 2013

how do i go back and find which files of my initial files did not have the RG tag , if at all possible

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Run Batch Converter, select all files (root folder), click list, right click on the size column and there is an option in the menu for replaygain. Let the metadata load (it shows at the top when reading the files), then click the replaygain column to sort on that, you can select the top item you do not want, hold the sift key, click the bottom item, then click one of the check marks to remove for all the ones you do not want.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>