title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Doesn't save tag changes - possible bug?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 751Zuel
    • Jul 2013

Doesn't save tag changes - possible bug?

I'm brand new to dBpoweramp after using EAC for years. I'm having a problem trying to rip my first CD and it seems like a bug to me.

I put in a compilation CD and the program fills in all the tags for me. If I want to edit a song title, I go to it and hit F2 and can edit it just fine. I like to edit my own tags however, so I click 'Clear Metadata' from the Meta button. Now when I go to edit track 1, I type in what I want, but when I hit enter, it's gone. There is no way I can put in data for any track - it shows me typing it just fine, but when I confirm it, it's blank.

The reason I stated I was new to dBpoweramp is that I haven't ripped a normal artist CD yet, so I don't know if this is related to a compilation CD or happens for all CD's. It doesn't seem to matter if I check the 'Compilation' box or not.

Can someone please direct me? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong or have something set up incorrectly. Thanks.

EDIT: I have found a workaround. When you 'Clear Metadata', it leaves the title field blank for every track. When a title field is blank and you edit it, changes are not saved. What I do is hit 'Refresh' after I clear the metadata, and it replaces all the titles with 'Track 1', 'Track 02' etc. Now when I edit a title, the changes are saved. So this does appear to be a bug - maybe on a 'Clear Metadata' the program needs to fill in the title names with something, but it's not a big deal anymore as I just hit 'Refresh'
    Last edited by 751Zuel; July 15, 2013, 08:57 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Doesn't save tag changes - possible bug?

Noted
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>