title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Noob with "ambitions". Already stumped. Default naming scheme -> strange output

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DreamTwister
    • May 2013

Noob with "ambitions". Already stumped. Default naming scheme -> strange output

Hi all, I thought I started ambitiously by Reading through a lot on the forums but still... Also went through the setup guides step by step.
    Before trying to implement a naming scheme fitting my needs I wanted to start simple so first test-rip was with default naming
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title].

The result of the rip however is E:\Paul-Simon\One-Trick-Pony\01-Paul-Simon---Late-in-the-Evening.flac and thats not how I understood the naming schemes

I know it must be really basic but what please? And yes, I'm very humbled my stumbling on the starting blocks
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Noob with "ambitions". Already stumped. Default naming scheme -> strange output

Originally posted by DreamTwister
    The result of the rip however is E:\Paul-Simon\One-Trick-Pony\01-Paul-Simon---Late-in-the-Evening.flac and thats not how I understood the naming schemes
    What are you expecting? In CDRipper Options>File Name Restricted Characters, check you are not replacing space character with - character.
    Last edited by mville; June 03, 2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• DreamTwister
      • May 2013

Re: Noob with "ambitions". Already stumped. Default naming scheme -> strange output

I was hoping for the default naming which I thought would be:
      Paul Simon\One Trick Pony\01 Paul Simon - Late in the evening.flac ?

Comment

• DreamTwister
        • May 2013

You are absolutely correct. Previosly I was fiddling around with an earlier version since uninstalled and replaced with a fresh download.

Shame on me, I thought I had purged all the directories on disk AND the registry.

I hang my head in shame

Comment

Working...

]]>