title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do you prevent Album covers from being in WAV music files ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JUST.B
    • Nov 2012

How do you prevent Album covers from being in WAV music files ?

Hi I rip my cds to WAV files & I noticed the other day that tracks had the Album cover in them whilst, being played with VLC media player on computer. Strange because Album covers dont show up on my Popcorn Hour media player just in VLC media player.
    I have tried to rip cds without getting Album covers on them by going to Options then Meta data & ID Tag putting None in Write to output folder.
    Then unticking the box Album art in Write ID tags, then I went into dbpoweramp configuration Advanced options down to Wave ID tagging changed Tag Creation to List. Now no Album Art shows up in Wav music files but is there away of keeping List & ID3 in tags without out Album Art showing up ? It seems keeping ID3 is why Album Art shows up but there is more info on tags with ID3.
    Also whilst re-ripping my music tracks to try getting rid of Album Art, I noticed the CRC were all Green instead of Black why is this and are the tracks still ok. It did say all tracks Accurate after rip, just curious though

Any help will be much appreciated
    Last edited by JUST.B; May 18, 2013, 02:34 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do you prevent Album covers from being in WAV music files ?

Green means the CRC matches.

"Unchecking Album art in Write ID tags"

This should stop art being written.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JUST.B
      • Nov 2012

Ok thanks I will try that.

Comment

• JUST.B
        • Nov 2012

Hi Spoon, I tried unchecking Album Art but still no joy, file still had Album cover in it whilst playing in VLC media player.
        Maybe I will just have to leave ID3 out of tag & have it as List

Comment

• BrodyBoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by JUST.B
          Hi Spoon, I tried unchecking Album Art but still no joy, file still had Album cover in it whilst playing in VLC media player.
          Maybe I will just have to leave ID3 out of tag & have it as List
          The problem is most likely in the VLC player, which saves album art in its cache. Empty the VLC cache (and make sure that you've disabled its option, in Preferences, to automatically download album art).

Comment

• JUST.B
            • Nov 2012

Ok thanks for that, I will go try that then.

Comment

• JUST.B
              • Nov 2012

Thanks BrodyBoy that did work. Just curious is it best to keep ID3 on music tracks ?

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by JUST.B
                Thanks BrodyBoy that did work. Just curious is it best to keep ID3 on music tracks ?
                Not sure I understand the question. Are you asking, in general, if it's best to keep tags with their music files, or whether ID3 tags are best/preferable/whatever?

I think it's definitely a good idea to keep music files well-tagged (by which I mean accurate & thorough information associated with each individual file), but if you're using WAV files (why is that, by the way???), your tagging options are very limited.

(Also, just out of curiosity, why did you not want album art?)

Comment

• JUST.B
                  • Nov 2012

Hi, thanks for the come back, yes I did mean keep ID3 in the music track. Like you said gives them thorough information. So I will change Tag Creation settings back to Default List & ID3.
                  The reason for WAV is just I started out copying cds to WAV years ago & enjoyed the sound so I just kept them at that, they give me all I have needed Track number, Song, Artist, Album & Year thats all I have needed. Reason for not wanting Album art was quite few rips had the wrong cover and the track did not play with Album Art embeded for some reason on my Wav file.
                  Last edited by JUST.B; May 20, 2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>