title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Suggestion on sorting music files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audioj
    • Mar 2013

Suggestion on sorting music files

I have some CDs ripped in dbp with reports and some ripped in iTunes (no report). I keep them in two separate folders but would like to consolidate them into one folder so, for example, I can see all Dylan folder in one place and not have to check two different locations. My question is this -- if I consolidate them, will there be some way I can search out the itunes non-dbp folders I ripped so I can , when I have time, re rip them with dbp. Thanks
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

Re: Suggestion on sorting music files

Myself I use the foobar2000 player, where I can just add the two folders to the library, and then the player will display them as if they were consolidated. That may eliminate your need for merging folders.

Otherwise:

- You do not mention what format or what player you are using -- if this is mp3, not all players read all tags. Anyway, you often find a tag called ENCODEDBY or ENCODED BY, and you can use that. (Technically, it maps to the ID3v2 TENC field.)

- I would append a code to foldernames. At the end, put a separator character and then "iT" or "dBp". You can use a character rarely found in tags, as £ or € or ¥ or ¤.

If you combine the two, you will be able to retain the information even if you should choose to rename all folders by tagging patterns -- just throw in a £[ENCODED BY] at the end of the foldername.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

Re: Suggestion on sorting music files

Or just add an "ENCODEDER" tag.....

Batch-process your iTunes music, setting that code to, say, ITUNES. Do the same with the other folder, setting it to DBP. Consolidate.

Comment

Working...

]]>