title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Eject button no longer closing drive tray

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjc
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2012

Eject button no longer closing drive tray

I recently built a new PC with four optical drives for multiple CD ripping. I am running R14.4. I just noticed that the Eject button in CD Ripper no longer closes the tray like it used to. Pressing the Eject button does eject the CD but I am now getting a spinning cursor wheel for about 10 seconds after the tray opens. Placing another CD in the tray and pressing Eject again used to close the tray but it no longer works and I get the same spinning cursor wheel. CD Ripper shows the message "ejecting CD". I hope there is a solution to this as using the Eject button to open/close the drive trays is much more efficient for me when I'm ripping four CD's simultaneously! I looked in the dbpoweramp config but didn't see anything relating to the eject button.

As always, thank you for your assistance.

Steve
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Eject button no longer closing drive tray

You should be able to push the draw closed as you load a CD.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sjc
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2012

True I was just curious why the button no longer works for closing the tray. With the exception of a Pioneer BDR208BDK Blu Ray burner that I added I'm using the same LG GH24NS90 DVD drives that I had in my old computer. Anyway, not a huge issue and I'm loving the CD Ripper, editing, and conversion features now that I've got the quad core i5!
      Thank you for your time and assistance.

Steve

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
        You should be able to push the draw closed as you load a CD.
        How about a user option to use the old Eject/Tray routines, spoon? Or just revert to the old ones?

Brendan

Comment

• sjc
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2012

I'm just reporting back with some of the "issues" I'm encountering with the eject process and one other item. When I press the Eject button after a rip completes the disc does eject properly and quickly but if I press the eject button again (to close the tray like I could before) I get a message at the top of the CD Ripper window indicating "dbPoweramp (not responding)" and I'm getting the spinning cursor wheel for about 15 seconds. If I try to manually close the drive tray before the cursor wheel stops spinning the tray will open again, close again, etc. by itself.

Another item that I'm not sure belongs in this thread but I'm getting a lot of errors when ripping via my LG GH24 drives. If I pop the same disc into my Pioneer BDR-208BDK blu ray drive the rips go smoothly with no errors. Is this a drive specific issue or something related to calibrating the drives?

Thank you for your assistance.

Steve

Comment

• dbfan
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jan 2011

It is a drive issue, if you have c2 pointers enabled, try disable them.

Comment

• sjc
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jan 2012

Where do I find these C2 settings?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

CD Ripper >> Options >> Secure Settings