title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Resize image question.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eaglescout1998
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2009

Resize image question.

I normally download artwork at 600x600 (sometimes larger), but I never embed artwork that large into my files. I usually configure the ripper to resize the artwork down to 250x250. This looks good enough for me on the iPod Classic. However, I just noticed something. Suppose I take a 600x600 JPEG (which is 256 KB), I tell the ripper to resize that image down to 250x250, the resulting file size is around 18 KB. When I use Photoshop to resize the image (quality level 12), the resulting file size is around 90 KB. The dimensions of both images are the same, but I have a much larger file size when I use Photoshop to resize. My only guess is that the ripper is compressing the image even further as it resizes it.

I know that there is an option to set a maximum file size (the default is 250 KB), but this shouldn't be a factor in this matter.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Resize image question.

JPEG has a quality setting, dBpoweramp sets around the 95 mark, in photoshop you can set to any value you like.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>