title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Query regarding playlist writer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Pitts
    • Feb 2013

Query regarding playlist writer

Folks,

New user, with a less than day old trial install of r14.4 which I've managed to get set up pretty much as I'd like it (secure rip of CDs to both FLAC and MP3 into a folder structure with albums within artists) but I have a query regarding the generation of .PLS playlists. I've chosen to use the Playlist Writer to create M3U for the MP3s and PLS for the FLAC files but the the latter contain fully-qualified path names. Is there any way to change that so that a relative reference is created?? I write the playlists to the same folder as the music files but when I copy to my NAS or another PC then the fully-qualified reference is invalid. If that isn't possible with the existing Playlist Writer then please may I submit a request for such a feature to be added as an option in some way??

Cheers, Steve
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Query regarding playlist writer

I thought the specification for pls did not allow relative paths.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Steve Pitts
      • Feb 2013

Re: Query regarding playlist writer

Originally posted by Spoon
      I thought the specification for pls did not allow relative paths.
      Whilst I have been singularly unable to find an official specification for the PLS format, I would probably argue that it doesn't matter. Both VLC and Winamp (the only two programs that I have on my machines that support PLS files) work just fine with relative paths (or at least, where the path is removed completely because the file is in the same directory as the playlist file itself) and since this would be optional then folk could either choose to use the feature or not.

Comment

Working...

]]>