title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Gap between tracks seems too short

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ripadeedoodah
    • Sep 2012

Gap between tracks seems too short

No, just for once, this isn't a question about gapless playback! If anything, it's the opposite. When playing back dBpoweramp rips of ordinary rock CDs with normal gaps between tracks, it seems to me that the gap between tracks is too short. The gap seems shorter than is customary on LPs and CDs and doesn't seem "right" because it doesn't leave enough breathing space. I'm probably only talking about a 1 or 2 second difference but the gap is pretty short anyway so a difference of that order is quite noticeable.

What determines how long this gap is? Is it the ripper (dBpoweramp) or the player (in my case, J River Media Center 18)? And if the answer is that it's dBpoweramp, is there a way of adjusting the length of the gap? If the answer is that it's J River Media Center, obviously I'll take my question over there.

BTW I'm ripping CDs to flac on the default setting, with AccurateRip.

Thank you.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Gap between tracks seems too short

The cd determines the gap, normally it is 2 seconds exactly

Comment

• ripadeedoodah
      • Sep 2012

Re: Gap between tracks seems too short

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
      The cd determines the gap, normally it is 2 seconds exactly
      Thank you - then I need to do a bit of timing to see whether it's a) me going nuts, or b) J River Media Center truncating the silence. Or maybe it's just that the customary gap on CDs is shorter than the customary gap on LPs, which is what I've mostly listened to recently.

Comment

Working...

]]>