title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error Unable To Open

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrcd
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2012

Error Unable To Open

These tracks won't rip at all - secure or insecure but they play fine in a CD player. Any ideas?

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 9' to 'K:\dbpoweramp CD Ripper\Just Ripped\Maranatha!\Praise 4 - In His Time\09 Maranatha! - Isn't He?.mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'K:\dbpoweramp CD Ripper\Just Ripped\Maranatha!\Praise 4 - In His Time\09 Maranatha! - Isn't He?.mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 19' to 'K:\dbpoweramp CD Ripper\Just Ripped\Maranatha!\Praise 4 - In His Time\19 Maranatha! - Isn't He? (Instrumental).mp3'
    Error unable to open File 'K:\dbpoweramp CD Ripper\Just Ripped\Maranatha!\Praise 4 - In His Time\19 Maranatha! - Isn't He? (Instrumental).mp3' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error Unable To Open

You are trying to write to drive 'K', what is drive K? and can you browse it using Windows File Explorer?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrcd
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
      You are trying to write to drive 'K', what is drive K? and can you browse it using Windows File Explorer?
      K drive is an external drive. I've been writing to it for months. Yes it can can be browsed by using Windows Explorer.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Ah, just spotted '?' in the filename:

K:\dbpoweramp CD Ripper\Just Ripped\Maranatha!\Praise 4 - In His Time\09 Maranatha! - Isn't He?.mp3

? is not allowed in the filename in Windows, you should set CD ripper the character replacements to the default as '?' is replaced by the upside down question mark which is allowed.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrcd
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Feb 2012

Ah, just spotted '?' in the filename:

K:\dbpoweramp CD Ripper\Just Ripped\Maranatha!\Praise 4 - In His Time\09 Maranatha! - Isn't He?.mp3

? is not allowed in the filename in Windows, you should set CD ripper the character replacements to the default as '?' is replaced by the upside down question mark which is allowed.

That was it. Works perfect now.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Where in Windows 7 does CDRipper store these character replacements?

Comment

• mrcd
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by mville
              Where in Windows 7 does CDRipper store these character replacements?
              Those changes are made in the ripper program not in the OS. See comment after my original question.

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mrcd
                Those changes are made in the ripper program not in the OS. See comment after my original question.
                Yes, I know. What I did not know is once edited in CDRipper, where does CDRipper save theses changes (in a windows 7 OS).

After further investigation, I have found that CDRipper saves the character replacements in the Windows registry. (I want to be able to backup all my CDRipper settings.)

Comment

Working...

]]>