title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need help to start-up ripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brixz
    • Feb 2013

Need help to start-up ripping

Hello,

After I've decided to use dbpoweramp to archive my CD collection with more than 1000discs, I've bought today the license.
    Its running under Parallels well, but I have few problems/questions:

-problem: I would like to rip directly to my NAS and use multi-encoder. With FLAC, AIFF, MP3 its running fine but with ALAC I got the message "Apple Lossless: Error audio file failed verification". In the destination folder some alac's are placed, but the folder.jpg is missing. When I choose a folder on desktop or usb storage it's running without a failure message. Please, could you support me to fix this issue?

-probblem: After above mentioned processing (stored on usb drive), all rip's marked as accurate, but I got the message "Error Chunk is out of file". What could be the reason for that?

-question: I would like to storage the log-file in each destination folder. Is that possible?

-only question: what is the difference if the CRC sum is colored green or black?

-only question: I'm using a mac mini with intel core duo and have checked Multi-CPU (and also in the parallels setting is checked multi CPU) but during encoding it will be done only one job after the other. Is there any hidden setting?

Thank you very much for your efforts in advance and keep going with thatgreat and easy to handle app!

Best regards,

Brixz
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Need help to start-up ripping

A NAS (or any network share) should be transparent to the program, in that the program does not need special settings to write to a HDD or network share, they are both the same. If one is failing to write certain files, it is a failure of the NAS (perhaps it cannot have many open files at the same time), in this instance you would be best to rip locally and move the files after ripping.

>"Error Chunk is out of file"

R14.4 fixes this, it is in the beta section of the forum.

>-question: I would like to storage the log-file in each destination folder. Is that possible?

Sorry it is not

>-only question: what is the difference if the CRC sum is colored green or black?

Green shows that the 2nd rip matches the first rip, it is black if you have only ripped the disc once, red if the CRC changes between rips.

>but during encoding it will be done only one job after the other

This is normal, the encoding (of the multiple formats) take place on multi CPUs
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>