title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata available on one computer, but not the other

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RadicalDad
    • Jan 2011

Metadata available on one computer, but not the other

I recently spent 3 months in another country learning the language. While there I purchased a dozen or more CDs and ripped them to MP3 for my iPhone. I used my laptop and had no problem getting metadata. Now that I am home I want to re-rip using my desktop: I want flac files for Sonos, and the CD drive on the desktop is a better unit and is configured for AccurateRip where I've never gotten that to work on the laptop. However, I can't get my desktop to pick up the metadata. For one multi-disc collection (100 songs) it insists on using AMG, which only has the album title (wrong at that) and no track titles. When I click on the Review Metadata button, there is no data in any of the 4 metadata databases, and of course, they are all greyed out. If I put the disc back in my laptop, I can see the data I want under freedb, and of course it is selectable.

Why am I getting different results on different computers, and how would I force my main ripping machine to do pick up the same metadata that my laptop seems to find with ease?

(And a side question: I see that many forum members say they pick up metadata from other sites besides the four included in dbPowerAmp, and then somehow add that data to their rips without laboriously typing it in track by track. How are they doing that?)

Thanks...
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Metadata available on one computer, but not the other

Isn't there an option to enable/disable certain providers? have you disabled the other providers on your desktop pc?

Comment

• RadicalDad
      • Jan 2011

If there is a way to disable certain providers, I don't know what it is. Just looked and couldn't find any such option.

I also got a strange window popup that I've never seen before from dbpoweramp. The window title was "dbpoweramp: Choose freedb match." In the window was correct metadata. Clicking OK populated all the fields and tracks in dbpoweramp, which had all been blank before. After doing this, I clicked on the Review Metadata button. There was no data listed in any database, including freedb. This is really odd.

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

The easiest way is to run this :

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Then reinstall, and the metadata options will be the default correct ones.

Comment

Working...

]]>