title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

(newbie question) Can I burn onto CD-R discs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pastorizedcow
    • Jan 2013

(newbie question) Can I burn onto CD-R discs?

1. I would prefer to not have to buy Audio CD's, and I am hoping to burn onto CD-R discs.

2. Also, can I use dbPowerAmp CD Ripper to PLAY flac files? I am having a hard time finding somewhere to play these files.

Thank you.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: (newbie question) Can I burn onto CD-R discs?

Originally posted by pastorizedcow
    1. I would prefer to not have to buy Audio CD's, and I am hoping to burn onto CD-R discs.

2. Also, can I use dbPowerAmp CD Ripper to PLAY flac files? I am having a hard time finding somewhere to play these files.

Thank you.
    Foobar2000 or Winamp for playing FLAC files on your computer.

Comment

• EdBrady
      • Jul 2009

For your first question, the answer is yes, you can use regular CD-R discs when burning discs on your computer. The audio versions are needed only with stand-alone audio CD recorders.

Comment

• RonM
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by pastorizedcow

Thank you.
        You can play flac files using many applications. At this point, I prefer Winamp. However, although many will object, you can use Windows Media Player with a flac plug-in, widely available (e.g. http://www.pristineclassical.com/More/FLAC-WMP.html).

You can certainly burn CD Audio to CD-R discs, and these will be playable on your computer and on most other players. I used to use them routinely in my car, as well as in my home CD player. Now I stream audio to the stereo, and use USB flash drives in my car.

R.

Comment

Working...

]]>