title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection - how long?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingu
    • Jan 2013

C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection - how long?

Is it normally that C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection needs many hours to check 1 CD?

EAC is able to check it fast.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection - how long?

No, it means it is not working. Try the 8KB over USB option as well as C2.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kingu
      • Jan 2013

The first test was completed after many hours without C2 errors.
      I clicked the C2 and 8KB over USB options and do the C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection once again but it works the same way, very long. I use an audio CD with a damaged silver layer and a CD-R with some burn errors.

Should I do the test with the black marker line on CD? Must it be an audio CD or it can be a data CD-R?

I asked LiteON support about my eHBU212. They answered that these informations like C2, cache and the other ones on the webpage http://www.daefeatures.co.uk are confidential.
      Last edited by Kingu; January 21, 2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try the marker test
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kingu
          • Jan 2013

C2 and 8KB over USB options are on.
          The C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection on an audio CD-R with the black triangle. It works the same way, very long. How long should the test last normally?
          I checked also a CD with mp3 files and the black triangle and I got at the start the information - C2 were not found.

What should I do now to configure dBpoweramp right?

Why are these specifications like C2 confidential?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Having C2 on should not slow down a Rip, ie if it takes 3 minutes to rip a CD (no errors) it should take the same time if c2 is enabled and the same CD is ripped. It sounds like C2 is not functioning on your drive/system
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kingu
              • Jan 2013

Can I use dBpoweramp for the secure ripping in this case or not?

Every CD I have checked needs many hours to complete the test.

I did the marker test on the other drive in my laptop and the C2 were found after 5-10 seconds checking.

What about the cache? The test doesn't find a cache on the drive. Should I leave "no cache" or set these 1024KB?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Try using c2 pointers on a disc which is in perfect condition, if it rips in 3 minutes then I would think it is ok.

Leave the cache at 1024, it does no harm.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kingu
                  • Jan 2013

CD in perfect condition. dB can't rip any tracks.

C2 and 8KB over USB marked for the external drive LiteON eHBU212. The other settings are the same as in the guide
                  file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Illustrate/dBpoweramp/Help/dMC/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm

Drive & Settings
                  ----------------

Ripping with drive 'G: [ATAPI - eHBU212 2 ]', Drive offset: 6, Overread Lead-in/out: No
                  AccurateRip: Active, Using C2: Yes, Cache: 1024 KB, FUA Cache Invalidate: No
                  Pass 1 Drive Speed: Max, Pass 2 Drive Speed: Max
                  Ultra:: Vary Drive Speed: No, Min Passes: 1, Max Passes: 2, Finish After Clean Passes: 1
                  Bad Sector Re-rip:: Drive Speed: Max, Maximum Re-reads: 34

Encoder: Wave -compression="PCM"
                  DSP Effects / Actions: -dspeffect1="ReplayGain=-albummode={qt}0{qt}" -dspeffect2="HDCD="

Information ripping to Wave, 'Track 1' to 'D:\dBpoweramp_WAV\Therion\Theli\01 Therion - Preludium.wav'
                  Track 1: ERROR Ripping LBA 0 to 7765 (1:43) in 0:07. Filename: D:\dBpoweramp_WAV\Therion\Theli\01 Therion - Preludium.wav
                  Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 0 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 7765)

I can play the CD on the drive. The drive is new, bought for the ripping my CD collection
                  Last edited by Kingu; January 21, 2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Kingu
                    • Jan 2013

The same CD (52 min.) was ripped in ca. 6 min. when the settings - C2 / 8KB over USB - were OFF.

Information ripping to Wave, 'Track 1' to 'D:\dBpoweramp_WAV\Therion\Theli\01 Therion - Preludium.wav'
                    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 7765 (1:43) in 0:17. Filename: D:\dBpoweramp_WAV\Therion\Theli\01 Therion - Preludium.wav
                    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 6) [Pass 1]
                    CRC32: BC4AB803 AccurateRip CRC: 8C60958C (CRCv2) [DiscID: 010-0011e24c-0092ca0d-660c160a-1]
                    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 6 [CRCv2 8c60958c]
                    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 80 [CRCv1 8ad01a97]
                    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 2 [CRCv2 7ea16b33], Using Pressing Offset -664
                    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 16 [CRCv1 80115709], Using Pressing Offset -664

What does it mean - the drive definitely doesn't support C2 or maybe it supports, but the problem is between dBpoweramp and the drive LiteON eHBU212?
                    When in Options > CD-ROM > Technical: C2 YES - how does dB get the information?

Are external drives generally worse for the work with dBpoweramp?
                    If yes, I would have to buy a desktop PC only to could use an internal drive with dB. That is the same drive with only the other interface.
                    Last edited by Kingu; January 22, 2013, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

The drive does not support c2, atleast not in the correct way.

Try a different drive, external drives are more difficult because they have a USB chipset between the drive and computer, which can stop advanced commands like c2 working. Perhaps investigate getting eSATA on the system, than any 5.25" drive can be used (with the right cable).
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kingu
                        • Jan 2013

If I turn off C2 in dB for the drive, is it still secure ripping or there can be some other problems because of the USB chip on the drive?

Maybe it is better to use the internal notebook drive even without C2 than the external USB drive?

I have the notebook Asus K53E without eSATA. Can I use an USB-eSATA adapter to connect an internal drive to the notebook or it is pointless, because of USB chip on the notebook?

Is it necessary to have the C2 support to get perfect rips on dBpoweramp, if the most of my CDs are in perfect condition?

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

>Is it necessary to have the C2 support to get perfect rips on dBpoweramp, if the most of my CDs are in perfect condition?

No, you can rely on AccurateRip to verify the rip
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>