title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

J.River Media Center Ver 17.0.186 cannot play wav file ripped by dB

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Odie992000
    • Dec 2012

J.River Media Center Ver 17.0.186 cannot play wav file ripped by dB

Please help.

I am using J.River and Jplay to play the wav files. There is no problem to play the wav ripped by EAC.

Wav files ripped by dB is no problems played by MS media player.

Please please please.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: J.River Media Center Ver 17.0.186 cannot play wav file ripped by dB

Originally posted by Odie992000
    Please help.

I am using J.River and Jplay to play the wav files. There is no problem to play the wav ripped by EAC.

Please please please.
    Probably can't deal with the tags in the wav file. Turn off adding tags to wav in dbpa options. Better yet, start using a lossless format such as flac.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Please help.

Please please please.
      Probably can't deal with the tags in the wav file. Turn off adding tags to wav in dbpa options. Better yet, start using a lossless format such as flac.

Comment

• Odie992000
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by garym
        Thanks Garym. Let me try it.

It is very strange with Tag&Name there is no problems with the tags in the wav file.

Cheers.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Thanks Garym. Let me try it.

It is very strange with Tag&Name there is no problems with the tags in the wav file.

Cheers.
          There are no standards with wav tagging so it is hit and miss across applications. I've seen similar issues reported here.

Comment

• dbfan
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jan 2011

You should report this to j river as their wave decider is broken if it cannot read the wave files created by dBpoweramp.

Comment

• Odie992000
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
              You should report this to j river as their wave decider is broken if it cannot read the wave files created by dBpoweramp.
              Thankyou *********. Let me do so.

Comment

• Odie992000
                • Dec 2012

Finally, find out J.River only accept Freedb only.

AMG is totally unplayable by MC.

Thanks.

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Finally, find out J.River only accept Freedb only.

AMG is totally unplayable by MC.

Thanks.
                  Sorry, that makes no sense whatsoever. freedb vs AMG are just *sources* of metadata information. They have nothing to do with the tag format or file format themselves. Someone has given you bad information.

Comment

• Odie992000
                    • Dec 2012

Sorry, that makes no sense whatsoever. freedb vs AMG are just *sources* of metadata information. They have nothing to do with the tag format or file format themselves. Someone has given you bad information.
                    Yes, garym. My assumption is wrong. It does not work, and very frustrated. I really want to use dbpoweramp as my ripping tool, but it give me some hard time to overcome the problems not being played by MC with Jplay.

It puzzle me so much what area or flag make MC see no file to play with.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year.

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Yes, garym. My assumption is wrong. It does not work, and very frustrated. I really want to use dbpoweramp as my ripping tool, but it give me some hard time to overcome the problems not being played by MC with Jplay.

It puzzle me so much what area or flag make MC see no file to play with.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year.
                      sorry. I have no suggestions on what the problem might be. My only suggestion is to switch to FLAC files. They are lossless, have standard tagging, have built in error checking, and take 1/2 the size, and unless something is broken on your end, lossless files are the same and sound the same (i.e., WAV = FLAC = ALAC, etc.). And I know that J. River can handle FLAC files just fine. Good luck with getting a resolution and have a Happy New Year with Good Listening! Cheers. /Gary

Comment

• Odie992000
                        • Dec 2012

I just make a post in J.River. Hope someone can give me the light.

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

I just make a post in J.River. Hope someone can give me the light.
                          good idea. dbpa is a very popular ripper and j river is a popular player, so I'd be shocked if there are not other dbpa users at the jriver forum that couldn't help you. Surely someone there has some good ideas.

Comment

• Odie992000
                            • Dec 2012

This is my post at J.River MC. After fooling around so much, I find or might a way to go around with MC problems.

Please help.

I am using J.River and Jplay to play the wav files. There is no problem to play the wav ripped by EAC and add the idtag by tagandname. The files are existing, but MC show no file to play. Even I did not activate IDtag when ripping.

It happen once I open the media file under file->open media->select->open.

If I select->open by MC with right click mouse under open media file function. It will play the media files.

Is there any trick within MC stop recognize the wav file or any specific format need to be followed when ripping by dB ?

I am using two separate systems, one for ripping, and one for playing. After ripping, I transfer the wav file by USB drive to may another system for playing purpose only.

Please please please.

Happy New Year.

Unquote

Comment

• Odie992000
                              • Dec 2012

good idea. dbpa is a very popular ripper and j river is a popular player, so I'd be shocked if there are not other dbpa users at the jriver forum that couldn't help you. Surely someone there has some good ideas.
                              Thankyou for your kind supports.

Comment

Working...

]]>