title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DB Poweramp deleting files problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodnut
    • Dec 2012

DB Poweramp deleting files problem

Please help. I am new at this game and am having some success at ripping my cd collection in flac to an external usb hard drive using an XP (SP3) laptop.

The problem is this: I have several CDs by the same artist that contain tracks with the same names, when I rip the 2nd CD DBpoweramp appears to be overwriting the files from the 1st CD with the same name. These files are then lost to the squeezeserver streamer software and looking on the harddrive they do indeed appear to have gone.

Here is an example: Pink Floyd, Darkside (studio version) track "us and them" has been overwritten by Pink Floyd, Pulse (live) track "us and them" despite the albums having different names.

Am I doing something wrong? Have I missed something? or maybe there is a workround for this problem?

Thanks, in advance, Woodnut
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: DB Poweramp deleting files problem

Originally posted by woodnut
    Please help. I am new at this game and am having some success at ripping my cd collection in flac to an external usb hard drive using an XP (SP3) laptop.

The problem is this: I have several CDs by the same artist that contain tracks with the same names, when I rip the 2nd CD DBpoweramp appears to be overwriting the files from the 1st CD with the same name. These files are then lost to the squeezeserver streamer software and looking on the harddrive they do indeed appear to have gone.

Here is an example: Pink Floyd, Darkside (studio version) track "us and them" has been overwritten by Pink Floyd, Pulse (live) track "us and them" despite the albums having different names.

Am I doing something wrong? Have I missed something? or maybe there is a workround for this problem?

Thanks, in advance, Woodnut
    You must not be using dynamic naming to put the tracks into different subdirectories based on album name. For example, my dynamic naming string (click SET on lower lift side of ripping screen next to "naming") is:
    Code:
    [IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]

Comment

Working...

]]>