title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

HDCD rip reading as error, whereas non HDCD DSP rip reads as accurate.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b23h
    • Dec 2012

HDCD rip reading as error, whereas non HDCD DSP rip reads as accurate.

Good evening!

I am new to dbpoweramp, having used EAC for MANY years!! I have been quite impressed with dbpoweramp and have started to rerip my collection using it. Originally I had ripped all my cd's to FLAC but I have decided to go with WMA lossless instead.

This is my question. I've ripped my cd's so far with the DSP's of HDCD and ReplayGain. However upon ripping my first HDCD the rip came out as an error. When I removed the HDCD DSP the rip came out as an AccurateRip. What might be happening?
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: HDCD rip reading as error, whereas non HDCD DSP rip reads as accurate.

HDCD is after ripping, so likely coincidence

Comment

• b23h
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
      HDCD is after ripping, so likely coincidence
      however it is not a one off, but is very consistent. I do have WMA set to "after encoding verify audio". I've tested this now with a couple of HDCD's, each one gives me a result of "error" when I have the DSP HDCD installed, and will give me a result of "AccurateRip", if I uninstall the HDCD DSP.

That does not really seem like a coincidence to me, but rather a repeatable incident.

PS. please delete the spam and I would suggest block the poster's email address..... That must get very irritating for you.

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

If you have the verify option on for email then it will always highlight as an error, you cannot use the verify with any dap effect which alters the audio.

Comment

Working...

]]>