title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

getting an accurate rip from badly scratched audio CD rip from burned copy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sossity
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2010

getting an accurate rip from badly scratched audio CD rip from burned copy?

I have an audio CD that has some pitted scratches on it, & I have tried a lot of different cleaners to try to get an accurate rip, but I always get errors on the one track. Would burning a copy of the CD & then ripping from the copy work? if I rip from the copy, would I just get the same errors in the copy? or would it be like ripping from a new clean CD? The reason I ask because the CD is hard to find, & very expensive to replace.
  • pablogm123
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2012

Re: getting an accurate rip from badly scratched audio CD rip from burned copy?

If you do that, you will get a perfect copy of imperfectly extracted data, your method could be useful for a data, but audio CDs hasn't the third layer of error detection/correction of data CDs which could save the data, relies entirely on C1/C2 mechanisms. If C1/C2 cannot recover the corruption of data, data integrity is no longer guaranteed.

If label side is not damaged, you can try to resurface your CD, perhaps it is the only realistic way to get a good dump without replacing. If your CD is really heavily scratched, you will need an automatic way to polish the surface. For example, a driller with a polishing head, and a polish for plastics.

Comment

Working...

]]>