title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't get ID Tag Processing DSP to work

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bairman
    • Oct 2012

Can't get ID Tag Processing DSP to work

I have a feeling I'm missing something simple, but I just can't seem to get the ID Tag Processing DSP to work in CD Ripper. I've added the DSP, and have tried various things, from simple mappings to rule-based manipulation, but nothing ever happens. I've used several examples from the forums of things that have worked for others, as well as examples from the help file, but it's as if the DSP is not enabled or something. An example of something simple I've tried is a basic mapping, set to map Artist to Album Artist. Nothing happens.

Any ideas what I could possibly be doing wrong or not doing? Or maybe I'm simply misunderstanding how it's supposed to work?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't get ID Tag Processing DSP to work

Try as a test the Delete all tags option, this will show it is working or not.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bairman
      • Oct 2012

As an afterthought, I'm wondering if maybe I'm misunderstanding the operation of this DSP. If I were to add a simple mapping of Artist to Album Artist, once I insert a CD and the metadata is found, shouldn't I see the Album Artist field in the CD Ripper interface automatically become filled in with the same data as Artist?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

No you would only see it after ripping (and the file is written).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bairman
          • Oct 2012

Ah... that explains a lot. I expected to be able to review the modifications prior to ripping. It's not as useful to me without a preview capability.

Comment

Working...

]]>