title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Scanning Issue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snix
    • Oct 2012

Scanning Issue

When I scan a cover of a CD, it works perfectly the first time, starts the scanning software and adds the images as it should. However the second time, it does nothing. I have tried several scanners and different scanning software (two scanners and after-market and factory scanning software) and neither will restart the second time. It is as the software / scanner hasn't been released by the program from the first scan. Other software using the scanners works fine.

Windows 7 64 bit, V14.2 and V14.3

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Scanning Issue

If you quit CD Ripper, then does the scanner release?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Snix
      • Oct 2012

Thanks for the reply. Restarting the program makes the scanner accessible again the next time CD Ripper is run. It is however accessible from other programs while CD Ripper is actually running, even after the first scan which then "locks" it out of further CD Ripper scans. Also the + symbol by the add artwork appears depressed in after the first scan. I can still click on it and the other functions work ok.

I note that "cdgrab.exe" is still running when the program is closed.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

See if you can update your scanner drivers
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Snix
          • Oct 2012

Both scanners have the latest drivers (Epson V700 and Epson 4540). Also it doesn't matter which program I use to scan, either Vuescan or the Epson supplied software. There could well be a conflict but I am not sure where!

Comment

Working...

]]>